Cancelling Paris

Clarence1
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

Cancelling Paris

cancelling my two weeks in Paris already booked before the horrific violence there.

My wife is especially freaked out as we were going there for her birthday getaway.

i have contacted Radia, our hostess, to advise her of the situation, but dislike the idea of losing 50%

of what is a huge payout.

As an AirBnB host in Palm Springs, I understand the importance of abiding by committments, but think

that these circumstances, even though my booking is still 3 months away, warrant some consideration.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Clarence

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Clarence1 this forum is not a direct link to Airbnb...we're just hosts and guests here so we can't do anything about your cancellation request.  You can appeal to Airbnb if you want their help.  Here's how to get in touch with them.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165/highlight/false#...

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Clarence1, living in Paris, I don't understand your reasoning. At the moment, we have police and soldiers everywhere, guards (civil employes) at every entrance to a shopping center or mall, the usual around the block lines at every museum and people in the streets. The propablility to be shot by a terrorist in France is lower then the probablilty to be shot by police in the States. (Paris police shoots only people crying Alluha Akbar)

In Syriah, there are foreign Isis fighters stemming from over a hundred nations - they are all going back one day. I think you will not find a country in the world now, where you can be sure that the nice neighborhood family is not swearing allegiance to Daech on Facebook and hording guns and bombs at home. 

You should profit from Paris now, people are very happy over every tourist, friendly and the wheater is nice, my garden flowers are still in bloom. No snow in sight. 

If you did not book in some hot suburb areas, you will find a place as safe as you never imagined, where you can go out at night. I often arrive by night train, sometimes after the metro service closed and I may walk with my bag, my parrot case and my computer case all alone at 2am through empty streets and over still lively places. I walked around on the day after the attacks, I never felt unsafe. It's a town, your wife can decide to go out at 10 pm, alone, go into a bar, alone, she won't be in danger nor get any weird looks.  

Besides, if you booked a hotel, you would not get refund either as there is no official travel warning. It's not like you planned to go to Yemen 😉

If you like to, tell us the next metro station of your booking, I'll tell you a bit about the area.