Cannot link more than one guidebook to a listing, despite settings that suggest otherwise

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Cannot link more than one guidebook to a listing, despite settings that suggest otherwise

Lord thunderin' jaysus..... this will be my last glitch/bug/oversight related post for a while, because if I continue, I'm going to get an aneurism. What's worse is that Host Voice submissions are down right now, so all of this stuff that needs to be heard by the actual programmers of the website will, for the time being, just blow a bunch of hot air.

Okay, so I made 3 different guidebooks and checked the boxes in the settings for each so that all 3 show up on both of my listings. However, instead what happens is that only 1 of my guidebooks is randomly selected (or maybe it's not random, maybe it's whichever was first or last to be linked to the listing, I don't know) and displayed on my listings.

So for those of you who have multiple guidebooks, beware: the ONLY way guests can actually see them all is if you direct the guest to your profile, not your listing. All your guidebooks will be available there.

And if anyone wants to ask why I have 3 guidebooks... it's because I find it useless to have one for places within walking distance, one for places within a quick commute, then one for the entirety of my city. If I put everything into a single guidebook, it becomes too cumbersome and nobody can ever find what they want.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 20.37.45.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-06 at 20.37.58.png

4 Replies 4
Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

*useless = useful

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sean95 Host Voice isn't down right now- back about a year and a half ago or more, they said they were "improving it" and it has never surfaced again. They don't want to know what we have to say. 

Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi @Sean95 I am very impressed by you forensics. Airbnb should employ you as a tester! 🙂 

Brothers, Sisters, when you're looking at that view of all your guidebooks as thumbnails, click on the gear wheel and select share, then copy link.  Now you can imbed this link in your automated check-in messages to guests.  I have one for directions and maps then I had to make a guidebook for my house manual because if I tried the short code it would just barf the entire HM text into my welcome message.