Cannot respond in 24 hours

Senthil0
Level 1
Wentworth Falls, Australia

Cannot respond in 24 hours

I will be away for a week and will have no access to internet or mobile reception. What do I do if i get contacted by a guest and I cannot respond?

4 Replies 4
Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Senthil0:

Do you have a friend/family or colleague who you can trust with your account? If so, that might be a possibility.

I would block the dates you will be away if you haven't already done so, that way any requests/inquiries will not be for the exact dates you will be away.

Thanks for that Markus! 

Well I didnt think of that, i will try and ask a friend to help out... As for the dates i have already blocked them out.

many thanks... 🙂

Senthil

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Senthil0 If you don't want to receive any requests or inquiries while you are on vacation, you can "snooze" your listing.  On your Manage Listing page, click on Manage Calendar and the option will appear at the very bottom of the menu to the left where it says "Listed".  Keep in mind that you will not receive any communication from guests even though they many be inquiring or making reservation requests for dates which will be available after your return.  That said, if you are totally unable to respond, that might be your best option. 

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing

Senthil0
Level 1
Wentworth Falls, Australia

@Clare0 Thanks for your suggestion... that sounds even better... I will try snooze as i will be away for a whole week... 🙂