Changing number of guest for part of the stay

S1
Level 2
New York, NY

Changing number of guest for part of the stay

I have a Instant booking for 3 guests for 8 nights.  The guests contacted me to say that 1 of guests will be staying for 3 night and  they would like a refund.  How is this generally handled? Am I obligated to issue a refund?

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @S1,

You are not obligated to provide a refund but it might be a nice gesture to your guest if you can be certain that guest is not staying anymore than three nights.  I do not know the situation but unfortunately for the guest, there is no way to book 3 guests for 8 nights and 1 guest for three nights.  I would probably provide a refund for the five nights as I would look at it as the guest being honest by booking the right number.  Many others might have only booked for 3 guests and just snuck the fourth guest in.

I would also think about the review you may get for not refunding for the guest who is only staying 3 nights as opposed to the review you will get for providing a refund for those days not stayed.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host