Changing requests

Changing requests

We have just joined the Airbnb community and have not had a guest yet. We have however had one confirmed booking. We have received a few requests and one inparticular that keeps changing the number of people and nights and asking me for the cost. Doesn't the cost get calculated when you enter the number of nights and guests?! I can't understand why this person keeps asking me?!  Would this person be looking for a discount ?!  Thank you  for you help.

1 Reply 1
John-and-Sharon0
Level 2
Al Janabiyah, Bahrain

Quite possibly. We've had many requests from people who even say "How do I pay you?" or "Can I just bring the cash when I come?" Clearly, these people are very new to airbnb and have no clue how it works.

I always recommend that you stick to your pricing because flexing there is probably going to just cause problems.

For example, we had a guy ask to stay for three solid months. The rate was calculated and he asked for a 50% discount. We hadn't set up a monthly rate at that point so we did and offered him the discount. He still insisted on the 50%. We thanked him for his time and let him know that we could not flex on price. End of story.

Flexing on price is a slippery slope...