Cleaning Airbnb Best Practices

Peng7
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Cleaning Airbnb Best Practices

Hi Guys,

I have been cleaning Airbnb for almost two years as i ran a cleaning service provider for the first year and now has grown the company into a full blown airbnb management service. 

I would like to share some of the best practices that we use to do an efficient and effective cleaning. 

1. Use lots of microfiber clothes for each clean. Clean one room with one clean towel avoids the cleaning with a dirty towel. The cleaner the towel is, the cleaner the final result of the surface will be. Furthermore, not going back and forth washing your towel gives you speed. 

2. Use all-purpose solution and Windex solution. For all stainless steel surface, use Windex. For the rest of the house, you can pretty much use the all-purpose solution.

4. Use Moping Solution in the mope-basket but also it is better to use hot water as the base solution. The temperature of the water really releases the scent of the moping solution. Upon the completion of your moping, you will find your place full of delightful smells.

5. Open doors and windows at the start of the clean and use Air Refreshener at the end of each clean. A good smell really helps on a good first impression. 

I will try to continue to share more of our practices. I hope to get some of your comments and feedback. 

Thanks,

Peng

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Peng7  Having a supply of clean cloths and drying towels definitely helps. But all your talk about releasing scents is not what most hosts I know do- What may be a "delightful" scent to one person may be objectionable to another and many people have allergies to scented products. So I try to have my rental space as scentless as possible. I would never spray air freshener around either. Open windows and let the fresh air blow through.

Veronique271
Level 4
Tucson, AZ

Thank you Peng7!