Co-hosting: Setup Fee

Sophia7
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

Co-hosting: Setup Fee

Hey Fellow Hosts!

I was finally selected to be a Co-Host for other hosts in my area.

A lot of the requests I am getting are for people who are moving, or who have not even scratched the surface of putting their listing on Airbnb - ie, they are wanting me to get the place ready, make the listing, create check in and house guides, etc.

I am happy to do this, but (from going through it with my own listing) know it is a ton of work. I have no idea where to start as far as a fee goes for Airbnb listing setup.

Note that I expect this to be paid out before I even get one reservation under my belt, once the bookings come through, I will charge a percentage of each reservation.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Valerie192
Level 10
Inglewood, CA

Hi @Sophia7 I would think it would depend on how much work are you doing...If the whole kit and kaboodle, like you would need to go over and take photos, get an inventory of all amenities, then upload photos and write the listing and house rules I would guesstimate that is maybe 4-5 hours of work? Complete swag of a number but I would charge $250-$350 to do that??? Would definitely be interested to hear what others may think.

Jason69
Level 2
West New York, NJ

What kind of co-host percent would you suggest for something like this. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Well a friend contacted me basically to help him do this, it will take a few hours and no doubt he will buy me a beer or two.

I however will be initially holding his hand not co hosting.

You get the referal bonus but they have to follow through so that might not be certain if they change their mind.

I would be inclined to charge a fee where you break even with your time, more if you think they will be time wasters, and have the referal fee as your bonus and the co host fee as your future income.

Work out an average, some will take longer some shorter but be prepared to modify it..

David