Customer No Service

James2146
Level 1
Portland, OR

Customer No Service

I am a host. I had a guest post a review today. It had a typo in the post. He said “If I could rate this a 6 I would”. He meant to say “5 stars”. I called 3x to Airbnb they would Not help. The guest called and emailed and was told they can not edit the post. Nor could they delete the post. This was posted Today. Why Airbnb is unwilling to help a gust and a Superhost is unreal. Even the guest is extremely upset with the company. They will be returning to my house in the next six months to book some more time. They want to go directly through me  now

and not use Airbnb. I fully understand why.

5 Replies 5
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @James2146 🙂

As I read it, it is a really, really great review and I don't think I understand your response to the review? I think most people would read the review as if the stay blow the rating system and if the guest could rate more than the max of stars (5 stars) the guest would. 

I don't understand why you would ask airbnb to remove the review. I would ask airbnb to remove the response as it is confusing. 

Best, Sandra 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@James2146 - I agree with @Sandra856 - I read that guest's comment to mean he thought your place was exceptionally good.   I do wish. however, that we could correct typos in reviews!  

Have you de-listed your place in the last 5 hours?  I don't see a listing in your profile.  And I didn't see the 6-star review.

James2146
Level 1
Portland, OR

I called my guest and had him just delete the entire review. They will not hit let him re-post a new review either.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@James2146  I also don't see why you'd be upset about this- pretty much all Airbnb users know that it's a 5* rating system, so saying he'd rate you 6 is pretty much every host's idea of an awesome review. And how was it a typo? You say he meant to say "If I could rate this 5*..." He can and I assume did, rate it 5*s. Your post makes very little sense. So many hosts get so understandably frustrated about a bad, lying, 1* review that won't be removed and here you are complaining about a great 5* review and have it removed.  

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@James2146 

I also don't understand why it is bothering you? If 5* is the best and your guest wishes to give you more than the best then where is the problem???