Difficulty to get booked

Farida30
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

Difficulty to get booked

hallo ,

Am new here but its been days since I joined here and really eager to have a host soon, how can I make it happen

4 Replies 4
Farida30
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

Plus how can I improve my listing

@Farida30 Airbnb is a very visual platform, so it's important to have good photos showing your home at its best. The photos in your listing unfortunately make your home look like a prison for war criminals.

I would recommend finding someone with an eye for photography to create images with better lighting and better angles to make the listing more visually appealing. But first, put some attention into the guest areas. A bit of color to spruce up the guestroom, and a properly made bed - it should not look like someone just slept in it. Perhaps a photo of the kitchen, if it's available for guest use. 

More descriptive text in your listing might also help. And choose a title that reflects the thing that is most special about your home - perhaps it's being walking distance to the beach, or conveniently accessible to the ferry. "Farish appartment" (sic) does not communicate anything about your place, and might be misleading since guests do not get the entire apartment.

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Farida30: Everything that @Anonymous mentioned is spot on. People are visual creatures and they will look at your pictures before reading anything. Work on making the pictures full of lights, not blurry and a "walking progression" of your space. Pictures from your property gate, to the entrance door, into the main room, into the kitchen etc. Bascially like you were walking through your space, shown in pictures. Show the kitchen and bathroom as well. Even add some pictures of the beach you mentioned in your description and the local city center if possible as well.

Best of luck.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Farida30  In addition to the advice others have given you, your listing description is confusing. You list 1 bedroom for 2 guests, then below you list a single bed and a queen bed and talk about a bed in a common space. In the listing description you say the house has 2 bedrooms- if one of those is yours, and not for rent to guests, do not mention it in the listing-only mention that guest space and the common areas they have use of. You need to be clear about what the guest quarters are and how many guests can book. And if you live in the house, you need to make that clear as well.

I suggest you take a look at other hosts' listings to see how to write one up properly and how the photos should look. You don't have to have professional quality photos, but you need to make the place look and be inviting and comfortable.