Discounts & Rule-Sets

Peter890
Level 5
Prague, Czech Republic

Discounts & Rule-Sets

HI!
I am offering a 16% discount for people staying 7 nights or more, all year round, through listing-pricing-length of stay-weekly discount.

As we are quiet season I wanted a rule-set offering a discount of 15% per night for 2 nights+, 20% for 4 nights+ and I wanted to offer 26% for stays of 7 nights+.

To achieve that 26% discount for a stay of 7 nights+ I need to offer a 10% discount in the rule-set as the global 7 night discount of 16% also applies.

The problem with that is that the rule set errors saying that the 7 night discount can't be less than the 4 night discount - "Longer discounts need to be equal to or higher than shorter discounts." ! It only looks within the rule set, it does not consider the standard weekly discount!

I just experimented with this and ended up giving both discounts, those guests have the deal of the century 🙂

This error-check is at a minimum fussy and unhelpful and at worst a bug! I reported it as a bug 🙂 I might even want to increase price of 10 day bookings as I don't want them, while reducing the price of 4 day bookings because I do want them = not allowed within a rule-set.

Anyone found a workaround to this? 

Best wishes & happy hosting 🙂
Peter

1 Reply 1
Marselle0
Level 2
Langham, United Kingdom

I am having the same issue! Trying to figure it out. Will let you know if I can!