Donating to BLM = donating to Democrat super PAC

Mike323
Level 9
Middletown, PA

Donating to BLM = donating to Democrat super PAC

Anyone click the donate link on the huge BLM banner pasted at the top of Airbnb?

Why does it take us to Act blue?

From it’s terms and conditions section:

ActBlue, ActBlue.com, "Want Blue States?", and "The online clearinghouse for Democratic Action" are the trademarks and/or service marks of ActBlue.

Where the money goes:

Bernie 2020

$186,780,034

Biden for President

$119,253,857

Elizabeth Warren Presidential Exploratory Cmte

$93,478,053

Pete for America

$78,100,960

Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte

$55,684,603

Amy for America

$43,167,720

Friends of Andrew Yang

$31,705,527

Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte

$31,067,413

Democratic National Cmte

$29,924,707

Amy McGrath for Senate

$29,558,536

55 Replies 55

@Linda1154

There is nothing left-wing about believing Black people should have the same rights to personal safety as the rest of us.

Airbnb is not a public company. Even if it were, it would still have the right to pursue any political agenda that would benefit its shareholders. Clearly Airbnb exec management decided that a public pro-BLM stance benefits the bottom line.

You have every right to free speech and pursuit of happiness. Nobody has any intrinsic right to list their property on Airbnb, though. If a company I was doing business with took a  public policy stance I found unsupportable, I would exercise my freedom of choice by ending my association with it; and I would assume that choice would benefit both me and the company.

@Lisa723 

I am in process of doing just that. I have already blocked my AirBnB calendar. I will leave it to you lemmings.

What folks like you don't understand is this- Just because some of us are smart enough and informed enough to see through the BLM organization, that doesn't mean we hate black people. What is BLM doing about the thousands of people who are dying in our cities as the result of violent crime? Where is the outrage about black on black crime which accounts for exponentially more deaths than a few rogue cops? Where is the outrage?

Why do you think they chose George Floyd as the figurehead for the "movement?" He was a violent career criminal who was high on both Meth and Fentnyl when he was arrested. He did not deserve to die in the manner in which he did, but certainly did not deserve to be martyred. Someone much more deserving could have sparked the outrage, but timing is everything in politics. Sadly the people in charge of the BLM organization are smart enough to know how naive, uninformed and easily manipulated a great many people are.

Who is saying they don't?

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Which I suspect is the actual reason for the donation.(and I do support BLM)

Laura759
Level 2
Orange, CA

Yikes!  No thanks!  Not the people I support!

@Laura759 @Juan63 

Silent majority won’t stay silent forever

Linda1154
Level 3
Moore, SC

The fact that AirBnB laid off thousands of people, screwed their host "partners" and then donated a huge sum of money to an anarchistic, political organization like BLM is infuriating and very poor business.

So "woke" they are asleep.

Brian2212
Level 2
Carlsbad, NM

I would prefer that Airbnb stay totally out of politics! You have hosts and superhosts of all different political persuasions and you don't really need to offend any of them. If people want to support candidates or political causes let them do it individually.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Black Lives Matter  is not a political cause it's a human rights cause . Many large multinationals such as Airbnb, Amazon, Google, FB support BLM. @Brian2212 

If you don't want to host or buy products from organisations that support human rights causes you can vote with your feet and not list through these companies /buy products or services through them.

Airbnb has always been a company that supports humans rights causes including supporting refugees and those  affected by flooding/famine etc.

so it's unlikely to come as a surprise to you that they would support BLM . 

It's all about labels nowadays. Reality has little bearing.