Exotic cooking - dealing strong odor

Exotic cooking - dealing strong odor

A dear guest cooked with strong spices, maybe curry - and the smell just don’t go away... any quick fixes before next guest comes?

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Oad0 

except for wide open windows and the ventilator - no 😞  as far as I know.... but you could try with candles, they are great to eliminate smoke smell so maybe it would help.

The only effective solution would be ionization... but the strong ones are expensive and you have to leave the room for a couple of hours until it switches off. There are services who offer ionization but is not cheap, usually, they are called after the fire or when someone died in the room.

I had the same problem with cooking smell and my next guests get a big apology for "fine Chinese cuisine " smell and the instruction to keep windows open while they are home.

But the worst was Jewish cuisine smell.... it took almost 2 weeks to go away and it wasn't pleasant not even when I was hungry 😞  In fact, I totally lost my appetite.

Wow...I don't even see that Oad even has a listing? Completely empty profile.

@Cindy58, he's a troll. His content is always nonsensical and/or irrelevant to the purpose of these forums.