Extra services

Extra services

Hi

I charge a small fee for use of wifi (as I have a portable wifi and need to buy a prepaid sim). Instead of having the guest pay me cash when they arrive, does anyone know if its possible to have a feature through airbnb so that they can accept it and pay via airbnb prior to them arriving?

Thank you

3 Replies 3
Margaret0
Level 8
Dublin, Ireland

I dont think this is a good way to do it. People expect to get wifi as a standard. Just raise your price to cover the prepaid sim. Dont charge for it seperately

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Nancy12,

Yes, you can do this.  I would list the fee you intend to charge for WIFI on your listing and make it very clear.  When the guest books, find out if they want WIFI and if they do you can send them a request using the Resolution Center.  You would choose the option "Request payment for extra services".  Check out this How To guide below:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/How-To-Guide-on-Using-the-Resolution-Center/m-p/8580...

I would like to add that I do agree with @Margaret0 that most hosts include it in the price of their listing and for many guests, WIFI is an expectation.  I do also understand that you may live where WIFI is extremely expensive and there may be a need to charge for it.

Happy hosting @Nancy12!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Like me Nancy is in the centre of a capital city (where I dont think wifi is that expensive, my friends who lived there never said it was ). I get a combination of holiday and business travellers. For both high quality wifi is a must.  Holiday makers want to phone home and people on business to use the internet for personal and work. I had a guest stay lately who commented that he was shocked that his last airbnb didnt have wifi he thought it was a given. He wouldnt go back there. He has asked me if he can come back to me. 

Maybe you can charge as an extra but it will limit your market.