Finding a good cleaning service

Finding a good cleaning service

Hey guys - my bookings have started to pick up a bit and I'm looking to offload the cleaning once or twice a week. Any recomendations on what to look for in a cleaner? I'm a little nervous because I don't want to slip on quality, so I'm only going to use a service for maybe a booking per week.

My listing is in Atlanta, GA if that changes anything. Thanks in advance guys!

15 Replies 15
Adam645
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

I think the big three for me are:

1. Flexible on schedule - Airbnb bookings are hard to predict, so they need to be able to come do a small cleaning on a potentially random basis

2. Good communication - I don't have time to write down every detail I need, where the key is hidden, etc. so I require that whoever I work with is a good communicator.

3. Not too expensive - I pass on the cleaning fee, but I don't want to disincentivize customers if the fee's too high.

There are a few more things I look for but that sums it up. Hux's cleaning blog is a solid resources for these things.

Hi Adam, I'm also an airbnb host in Atlanta. Do you have a cleaning service/cleaner you would recommend? Thanks!

Good morning. I'm an experienced cleaner Housekeeper I am employed with Hyatt Hotels. I would love to help you out, i also have great rates. 

Please contact me **

I'm currently in Atlanta. I have cleaned a few in Metro Atlanta. 

**Sensitive information removed

Hello there, I'm an experienced cleaner /housekeeper for Hyatt Hotels. I'm currently available to clean Airbnbs please contact me at **. Thank you kindly.

I am interested how should I talk to you more about this 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Chris1745 The perfect cleaner for me is someone with hotel or inn experience who’s also a bit of a worrywart and even somewhat OCD.  The hotel training gives them time management skills, the worrying makes them ask questions (communicate), and the OCD wont let them leave a place less than perfect.

Hi

Cleaning is a chore you can do without as a host, I don't blame you for getting some help! I enlisted the help of a cleaner not too long ago and it's saved me tons of time. The best advice I would give is to try and choose a firm or cleaner that comes recommended.

I found this post this helpful to get a few ideas on where to start: https://www.airbnbtips.com/airbnb-cleaning-company/

In the end I followed up on a recommendation from a friend (the company seemed to have a good reputation and I felt confident they would do a good job) - after all I'm letting them into my property and am quite fastidious about the cleanliness of my rental - you have to be when you want five-star reviews)! 

Hope you find the help you need! 

Hi Chris! One of our Airbnbs is a 2-bedroom condo in the White Mountains, 70 minutes away from where we live (we also host in our own home). I came up with a lengthy checklist that my husband Scott and I follow--almost a year later, we don't need to physically check it off anymore. It stays in our hall closet so it's visible to guests in case they go in there looking for supplies. I've used a cleaner twice due to being unable to physically do it all because of temporary health issues (when my husband couldn't do it with me). It was very helpful.

However, having priced cleaning help since, we continue to do it ourselves--our price is very reasonable and a cleaner would eat into too much of the profit. I think it would also be important to discuss standards and expectations with a cleaner who, if you're not there, you would have to rely on for a review.  I'm happy to share the list if anyone is interested.

Brandy21
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

If you guys are still in need of a cleaner shoot me a message. I perform housekeeping services for several hosts.

Hi Brandy, I'm looking for a cleaning service in East Point, GA. Do you service that area?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chris1745  In addition to all the good advice you've been given here, I'd do the first cleaning with the cleaning person so they know exactly how you want it cleaned and so you can point out areas that might be missed, as well as how you like it set up and how you like the beds made.

Hi my name is Deborah I have a cleaning company in Cleveland ga. I service other areas as well.  The name of my company is Dirt B Gone Cleaning. I clean vacation rentals, one time cleans, move in / out . You can look me up or call even text me at *sensitive information hidden*

Thank you

Alice989
Level 2
Chicago, IL

@Chris1745 - did you end up finding a good cleaning service? I'm looking for one in the Atlanta area as well.

Corledia0
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Good morning. I'm an experienced cleaner Housekeeper I am employed with Hyatt Hotels. I would love to help you out, i also have great rates. If any of you need help or would like to recommend my services that's perfect.

Please contact me **

I'm currently in Atlanta. I have cleaned a few in Metro Atlanta.