Getting Paid when guest extends reservation

Joey3
Level 1
Denver, CO

Getting Paid when guest extends reservation

Hi! I have a guest who first came for one night and has been extending her stay by one additional night every day for the last 6 days. Each time she extends she presumably pays airbnb. But none of the funds have been released to me yet. Why not? When do I get paid? Does her daily extension toll the payout date from airbnb to me?
9 Replies 9
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Joey3, do you have actual proof that she extended the stay officially via AirBnB? Did she follow this procedure?

Seems to me you should have received a notification to 'accept' or 'decline'.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Change-Price-Number-of-Guests-Check-in-or-Check-out-...

It sounds a little dodgy to me, but perhaps a more experienced host will drop by with feedback. 

Yes Donna - she used the airbnb system and i accepted her alteration each time. I can see the transaction as far as airbnb has been paid by my guest, only airbnb has not released money to me.

The tenant is paying in full to airbnb each day, and i believe she is acting in very good faith. My question is when will airbnb decide to transfer the paid funds on to me.

Joey
Dione1
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Joey 

I have the same problem. Dis you manage to reslove this? 

Thanks!

Dione

Hello, My guest has already left four days ago. Her reservation was changed via Airbnb system. The payment status is still pending. I wonder why is it taking that long because I already recieved the payout of a guest that came after them.

I have the same issue. A guest booked with me initially for 4 nights and I received the payout for those initial nights. On the last night they asked to extend their stay for one night and I obliged. I changed the reservation in the Airbnb App and the guest accepted and I can see the new total on the app.To date I have not received payment. Is this an Airbnb problem, or is it possible that the guest card declined? Would it show or say if the card declined? I find it very hard to believe that Airbnb would with hold payment and not say,  or that they would be having issues with their payment center and not say.

Annamaria20
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Same problem here, any resolution for you Joey?

Wish I could call and speak with someone. Thinking this maybe a major AirBnb red flag. 

Bernard5
Level 1
Claverham, United Kingdom

I have had a booking with a guest.  They stayed initially from 2nd January to 7th January.  They then decide to extended for a month to 7th February.  The extended period was accepted and is booked from the 7th January to 7th February.  AirBnB have not paid me.  I have asked AirBnB to explain when I will be paid.  They have refused to answer the question and will not put me onto someone who will! They have said they will come back, but never do.  I have been waiting since 18th January - its now 3rd February.   Has anyone else had this issue?  My estimation of AirBnB has dropped to all time low.  I am being so badly treated.

Yes, currently in this situation and Airbnb refuse to tell me when I will be paid.  All they say is that they are trying to collect the money from the guest.

I found that this thorny problem and the solution thereto are thoroughly covered by Superhost Carey on the thread 'Extending current reservation but payment not going through" (or something like that!). I have checked my long-term stay discounts and now handle extended stays with greater care - absolutely necessary for hosts to not get burned.