Good Morning All

Debbie605
Level 3
Capitol Heights, MD

Good Morning All

Hope everyone is doing well today,

I just started hosting this year and wanted to join the group (hosting community) to help me deal with and understand guests in general.  By reading the posts, I see that there si still a lot for me to be aware of and I am thankful for this group.

Thanks

Debbie

18 Replies 18
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Welcome to the host community Debbie! This is a great place to get advice and support if you need it. 

Hello Solveig and thank you

Thanks! looking to explore more over here.

Dawie1
Level 1
Mossel Bay, South Africa

Good Morning, I'm New to this and have a Guest who is asking if they can pay on arrival, I don't know how it works from their side, I only see host pages,,, I tried booking my own place so that I can see what the Guest sees but the system told me I cant book my own place. Can anyone tell me, when does the guest need to pay? and at what stage of the booking? 

Kind Regards Cindy 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No they can’t @Debbie605 

If you look at the Airbnb Help Centre under Payments it explain the system. Guests pay when they book.

So  the answer to the guest is that if they want to book through Airbnb they pay on. Booking .

Same here, looking to explore more.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Debbie605  great to have you here! What's the most useful tip you've received from the CC? 

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Hi @Debbie605 another Maryland host here! Welcome! 

I would love to organize some kind of Maryland host get together, maybe even at my Airbnb. I know its a haul from CapHeights, (I used to live in DC, Adams Morgan and then Cleveland Park but we now live in Frederick and host in Carroll County.) Please feel free to contact me with any questions if I can help. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Laura2592 ,

Glad to see you want to host a meetup! Did you know we have a tab here on the CC for Local meetups? Perhaps you can find one for you area or host one that can be added to the map. Check it out here: Get Local.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

@Stephanie  Yes! I had looked there but there was nothing in my area. DC is a big draw, but I am in rural Maryland. I had posted on this forum a few weeks ago, looking for any other local hosts, but there weren't any. So I am excited to see Deb, even if she is more in the capital area. Maybe I will head over there and just put something up, see what it does. Thanks for the suggestion!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ah that would be great @Laura2592. Let me know if you need any help! Looking forward to hearing how your meetup goes, too!

Thanks

Stephanie

-----

hello @Laura2592 & @Debbie605  welcome to CC and great you are also finding helpful info, it's a goldmine in here.

If you look on the listings page you can always send an "enquiry' to other Hosts to arrange a Meet up, or if you recognise places maybe go and knock on the door & introduce yourself.

If you use related keywords in the search box here in CC you should be able to locate others in your location - send them a msg.

All the best from Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks, I don't think I should knock on people's doors. I will send the inquiry and see how it work out.

Hi Laura,  It is nice to meet another Marylander :).  I did not know this was here to meet others until I asked one of the Reps via phone call.  It sure would be nice meeting other hosts to see how they are managing with the new Maryland laws.

Thanks

Debbie