Gratitude...

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Gratitude...

As we embark upon a promising new year, I'd like to honor and express my heart-felt Gratitude to the founders of Air BnB Mr. Chesky, Blecharczyk, Gebbia, and all people on staff for your inspiration, courage in acting on a fabulous idea, for the persistence, skill and hard work, for innovating an industry, making it accessible, for creating, growing, and expanding this inclusive, interactive global Community and Economy with this affordable, professional platform, for keeping it Safe and Human, and for the continuing support and opportunity to participate in the evolution of our shared future.

Very personally, I thank you for the opportunity to successfully create my dream under this friendly, constantly evoloving umbrella. 

I'd also like to thank my fellow hosts for their warmth, wisdom, and humor, and our guests for their continued good will, trust, and loyalty.

This is not just a "business."  It's an amazing, diverse, welcoming, caring, global sentient (living, intelligent) Community consciousness (common unity) and "outside the box" Economy that's helping so many to thrive all over the world, with a character and vibe we all contribute to and continue to create.

If this isn't the essence of hospitality, I'm not sure what is!

Best wishes, be safe, enjoy, thank you, cheers!

Susan

11 Replies 11
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Susan1028  Your positive, loving attitude permeates your listing and is reflected in the guest reviews.  That you take time to send a grateful message is most appreciated.  I am sure you have seen the many negative posts by hosts that feel Air BNB has not lived up to  their promise.  While each host has different experiences with Air BNB and sometimes these experiences are quite negative, many of us have continued to enjoy this "business".  

I am grateful for your gratitude and earnestly hope that hosts will continue to enjoy this business.  Take care, Linda

Thank you @Linda33

There is much controversy over the direction ABB seems to be moving.  I truly hope the spirit that brought us all here and inspired the wonderful connections we've made isn't lost in the translation...

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

The pessimist only sees the darkness in the tunnel.
An optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
A realist sees that light is actually a train.
The train driver sees 3 idiots on the rails.

Sorry, couldn't resist hehe

@Susan1028 

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Choo Choo!!!! I think we can all guess who's driving that darn train... 😉

@Susan17

I hope they will hit the brakes before they run over us 😄

Ben605
Level 2
Barryton, MI

Amen to that, Susan.  Thanks for putting the thoughts of many of us into words.

@Susan1028@Ben605@Linda108

Me too! Thank you!

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

To everyone here; thank you for reading. 

That post was 100% sincere, and does honestly reflect who I am...until I'm betrayed and lied to.

Unfortunately the "no guest photo" policy is the final insult.

I realized a while back these community forums were created to monitor trends in back-door ways corporate never could before aaaand save thousands of hours of wages for support staff (if we help each other, they don't have to...saving millions).

It's how management got the idea to create this underhanded policy.

Ive seen a lot in my lifetime. I know a scam when I see it.

There have been no replies from management to a thread they began about the above "policy update" in which close to 1000 hosts have expressed utter outrage in just a handful of days

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-Answers-Guest-profile-photos/td-p/839227/p...

This policy and the lack of response from ABB to our concerns and the fact that they're imposing it without any concern for our safety conveys ABBs true perspective about how they value hosts.

I began to wonder if anyone actually reads anything we share, so I copied this post and sent it as "feedback" and thirdly as a message to "support." 

Not even a two word "thank you" from Support.  Not a peep from anyone!  Shall we leave an honest review of thier quality of communication and gracious hospitality? (excluding @Lizzie whose job it is to keep things happy here, God bless her soul...)

Air BnB seemed really cool...and it's turned out to be just like the rest of the old school corporate dinosaur game playing stab the workers in the back that helped build you...the same attitude thats created the world as we know it and the state of the planet...

This was written by the largest not for profit colloquim in the nation-

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2018/08/16/charity-as-cheap-stunt-airbnb-philanthropy-ny/

politics as usual, if you can't beat 'em, buy 'em...i

Their greed has ended thier own "Camelot."  Wait'll they have they have to answer to stockholders lol...

Global community built on trust were everyone belongs...(insert grumble grumble...)

Destroyed trust is rarely earned back. Gaslighting, betrayal and total disregard for the well being of those who built you up...is what's gotten this world where it is.

I guess being a billionnaire dozens of times over still isn't enough.

I’m a bit confused, just started hosting and would like someone to clarify what happened here. I read a beautifully written comment of gratitude  followed by acknowledgement then more affirmation . Then something changed and the conversation took on a totally different tone. I’ve noticed photos missing from profiles of a couple guests and figured it meant none was provided. Can someone maybe fill in the blank here?

Please click on the link in my post @Julie0.

A lot has changed for ndependent hosts.

I wish you the best of luck with your new enterprise. 

The host forums are a wonderful resource.

Laticia1
Level 2
Warner Robins, GA

I respond in kind, 👁️. I have so much appreciation for these opportunities of fellowship, brotherly kindness, hospitality, business, humanitarianism, and anthropology. Lol. I'm a share home host.  Early on seems we had to dispell the gossip of this place being a place to exchange the brothel experience world wide.  It nearly deterred what now has been a very rewarding investment.

I'm my own kind.  Thanks to higher power.  But I'm convinced the essence of beautiful is the unity in variety.  It's the spice of life.  The salt of the earth.  Feb. and 22 the year of "Joy" brought in a respected fury friend with the

heart of Siskel & Evert  Mr. Ananymous was at least 3 and a half feet tall and very unexpected with his owner choosing the Instant Book.  The Bungalow is small, practical, and southernly saucy with sensored Latino accents.   Mr. Anonymous was maybe 4 feet long with a brown and off white medium length cow print coat.  He scanned his soon to be living space two or three times.  Jovial the whole time he was.  He viewed the closed in patio.  He was so serious I decided to disgust the matter.  Quite frankly he said..................."It's nice.....it's just to small".  I could have been devastated however his eye was so sharp I'm glad that's all he had to say.

I'm greatful.  I'm thankful to host when I can.  I'm in proportion deeply saddened when and if ever I have to cancel aguest reservation.  Social contieousness (easy on the substances please and life is substance) is mandatory.  Thanks community.  I hope my influence if ever needed will assist you as much as you all have assisted me.  It takes each of us to make this work. I shut it down. Peace R&R

Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 15.13.12.png