Great Review from guest

Lucinda28
Level 2
Dartford, United Kingdom

Great Review from guest

Hi i recently hosted a guest for two nights. My first guest and i am anxious to put his super review on my profile. He even said Gold Standard ! how do i do this or is this something he has to do as it is not showing. ? Please help as it will go towards my profile. 

thanks 

13 Replies 13
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lucinda28,

If a guest writes a review it will appear on your profile when you write a review of them. Each has 14 days from checkout to review the other. Reviews can't be left after 14 days.

If only one person writes a review it will appear on the other's profile 14 days after checkout.

If both of you have written a review or only he has and the 14 days have passed then contact Airbnb support.

Steve.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lucinda28 Have you written a review for him yet? If not, his review won't be posted until 14 days after the stay ended.

How do you know he wrote a review for you? Did you get the notification and actually see it, but it's not showing up on your listing yet? Maybe he just hasn't written one.

Is he from out of the country? If so, his review will appear at the bottom of your reviews, rather than as the most recent.

Finally, if none of these things apply, sometimes there's a glitch in the system where reviews just don't show up. If this is the case, contact Airbnb and tell them about it, and they will fix it. It was happening to me for a while, but it eventually stopped happening.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lucinda28

A/. Lucinda, you did review the guest, did you?

B/.  The guests review of you will become public on your listing page once both yours and their reviews are received by Airbnb or, 14 after the end of the stay.

You indicate you know the contents of the review, and that can only be if the review has already been posted on your profile!

We probably need a bit more information here in order to give you an accurate answer Lucinda.

Cheers......Rob

Lucinda28
Level 2
Dartford, United Kingdom

ahh thanks guys yes we both did one for each other . i am a little hasty its not been 14 days yet lol . thanks again for your help. 

Luc 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Lucinda28 🙂

Maybe he just wrote it in a private message for you to read?

Because when both of you have written a review you should be able to see the review on your profile.

Do you see the review you wrote on his profile?

The review system works like this :

You both have 14 days to write a review. You won't be able to read your guests review of you before you write one as well. 

Otherwise it would be a problem to write an honest review if you have had a bad experience with a guest or visa versa.

If only one part decides to write a review then it will be posted 14 days after the guest left. 

If your guest is new to airbnb maybe he doesn't know that he didn't write a review but only a message to you?

Best, Sandra

Lucinda28
Level 2
Dartford, United Kingdom

No neither ar there. i think its where i am a little hasty it hasnt been 14 days yet. 

Luc 

@Lucinda28 There seems to be a problem. Because you won't be able to read his review of you unless you wrote one yourself. When both of you have written a review they are INSTANTLY posted on your profiles. 

@Lucinda28 He didn't write a review yet because you wouldn't be able to read it unless you can see it on your profile.

I think it is most likely that he maybe just wrote you a private message thanking you. Sometimes my guests do that too. 

@Lucinda28 The 14 days gap is used if ONLY one of you leave a message. So it has nothing to do about being hasty.

If you did both write a review they will INSTANTLY pop up on both of your profiles. It happens automatically.

If you don't do anything (maybe ask the guest kindly to write a review) and just wait the 14 days to pass you won't get a review. And it would be sad because you are a new host and need the review to attract new guests. I just want to be sure you understand how it works? 

Lucinda28
Level 2
Dartford, United Kingdom

Yes we defintitley both left each other a review . i cant see his on his profile either. very odd . 

@Lucinda28 Okay, then there must be a bug in the system and you should contact airbnb. It would be sad to miss a great review 🙂 

Where did you read the review he send you if it is not posted on your profile?

If you want to reply to a certain person in this thread just press @ then the names contributing to this  thread will show up. When you do that the person will get notified that a new message has been written 🙂

Lucinda28
Level 2
Dartford, United Kingdom

I even screenshot it ! 

Lucinda28
Level 2
Dartford, United Kingdom

@Sandra0thanks for that. i will get in touch with them