Guest Check-Out alerts

Kathi5
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Guest Check-Out alerts

Hi All~ 

Can't seem to find any info on this in the conversations.
On check-out day, I receive a notification way before the published check-out time that: "Guest so-and-so has just checked out. Give your guest a review, tell them how they did."

Since it's before checkout time, usually early in the morning, they haven't left yet, or sometimes not even woken up.

How does Airbnb know a guest has chekced out? Is it just an (A) auto-message based on the date, not the time? Or (B) does the guest actually sent an alert to Airbnb that they have left?
If (B), that would mean many of my guests are telling Airbnb they are leaving, when actually they're still having coffee or in the shower...not sure why any guest would do that, since it won't save them any $.

Just wondering if anyone knows. I often want to march into the unit once I see the alert to start cleaning, but I can hear they are still in there, rattling around.... 

I've so far just hosted, not been a guest, so not sure how it works on the guest side for checking in and out.

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kathi5

Ignore - it is just an automated email - it has no idea what check out time you have agreed with your guests.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Te0
Level 3
Sandy, UT

I can't believe Airbnb hasn't addressed this yet. It's very misleading and has actually caused many problems to hosts and guests.