Guest and Airbnb Help

Suzanne-and-Mark0
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Guest and Airbnb Help

Hello 

Can any one HELP me I am Host, I'v had a older woman stay, ( the guest only stayed 1 night of 3 nights booked,... out of the 200 guests we have had stay with us , this woman was a nightmare, she was such a difficult guest from the time she booked),    

I was the one whom said would you like to find other accommodation, up until this point it was all running ok, when i had communicated with her,  she  jumped on it , she wanted a out, ...when she came to get her things form the studio, i went to meet her (as my husband did checkin with her),

so went to meet her, it started out ok, then she yelled and started abusing me,  plus when i got to the back door she had somome in the room that was a unchecked in guest on the property ( this is in my rules that no unbooked in guests are to be on the property) I had raised this with her and the person with her started screaming at me , I walked away in tears to ring Airbnb as I have never incounted this and did not know what to do,...  

In this the guest said there was a cockroach in the room , apon talking to this guest she left the door open all night and said it came in throught the door not sure why as we have aircon ( we do not  have Cockroachs ...over 200 guests have said the studio is sparkiling clean) ,

this has been a Frustrating experience on the behalf of airBNB as I was made get a pest guy in .... $220.00

In Australia i got a natural pest guy in to do the spray as i have a fully ORGANIC property , now the there telling me the Pest Guy is not a registered Business, so angery at this point......

A isue that I am dealing with now 7 days later...

Airbnb are now wanting to refund the guest for the 3 nights,

This guest has lied, and Abused me Yelled and Screamed at me, had an unchecked in person on the property whom also abused me they both ganged up on me and  Airbnb will not do anything to support me on this matter ..

WHERE do i go now....  ???

I have currently blocked out all Available Nights on  my listing....

AS  airbnb have not given me and Support or HELP ...

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Suzanne-and-Mark0 

Maybe best is to continue with the hosting business as useal, as your profile shows good reviews and happy guests. This guest seems not OK and incidentally such a guest shows up. Unless you are very persistent or get the right CS-rep at Airbnb, such case will end in feeling not supported by Airbnb, as much stories in this community show. Allthough there is still the feedback option to complain: Airbnb Feedback 

Best regards,

Emiel

Suzanne-and-Mark0
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

@Emiel1  thanks 

have taken your advice and as got a new case manager at AirBnB today that made a massive difference. 

AirBnB have helped out thanks 

Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

@Suzanne-and-Mark0 ,

I've read your first posting in the other thread, what a bad experience. In the meanwhile things seem to be sorted out better for you now. Hopefully your blocked calendar has been released again!