Guest canceled before check in. how can i refund my guest an airbnb fee?

Anthony30
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

Guest canceled before check in. how can i refund my guest an airbnb fee?

Dear comunity, 

Guest canceled before check in. This is my fault. how can i refund my guest an airbnb fee?  
I tried resoultion center. there is an opption to offere refund but it keep bring me back to chat page. 

Also under Help page, i found the below but there is no " Issue Refund button"

"Guest canceled before check-in date

If your guest canceled the reservation before the check-in date, you can give them an additional refund beyond what the cancellation policy provides by going to Your reservations and clicking the Issue Refund button"

Any hint? please 

Cheers 
Tony *** 
Bangkok, Thailand 

3 Replies 3
Hubert0
Level 3
Bellevue, WA

@Anthony30 I am a bit confused. Did you ask the guest to cancel? If they cancel, the airbnb fee is not refundable to them. If you cancel, they will get full refund. 

Unfortunately in this case it's better for them to call the Airbnb support to correct this.

hi hubert, 

since I have updated the unexpected situation about the apt, then guest has decided  to cancel already.  But i want to pay my guest back for unrefunded airbnb fee. I still could not find the way to pay my guest throught the system. 

If any host knows how to pay to guest cancelling before check-in. Please suggest me. 
Cheers 

Tony 

Ingrid32
Level 1
Richmond, Canada

I have a similar situation. A guest booked a room at Christmas time and I thought it was blocked off so I asked them to cancel it and now would like to reimburse the airbnb fees they were charged. I scroll down the reservations but this guests reservation does not show .What do you suggest?