Guest household dressing habits

Guest household dressing habits

I host 2 separate women concurrently.  One guest has twenty more days to go on the rental agreement. She has a habit of staying in either a towel or house robe in communal areas like the living room, kitchen, dining area all day long.  I have an open floor plan.  This was very uncomfortable for me to see this guest in a skimpy towel sitting on the sofa ,  while my other guest was eating a quiet dinner with her boyfriend.  Also the skimpy towel guest frequently uses a bathroom allotted for another bedroom.  She has her own private bathroom. Going forward, how can I handle this issue.  It bothered me so I am certain it annoys the other guest.

3 Replies 3

You must communicate what you need in your own home.  Talk to her and ask her to be more fully dressed when in the common areas and remind her that she has a private bath that you would prefer she use.  I'm going to assume that the private bath is en suite and she is using a common area bath to go to the toilet.  It wouldn't occur to me that this was a problem without being told.  

Gina32
Level 10
Bridport, Australia

Yep just let her know that you feel uncomfortable with her not being dressed appropriately in the house.

Considering it is your house you should not feel uncomfortable in it.

This person probably has a few issues so be careful, I cannot imagine a "normal" person would even want to be seen in the common areas in a bath towel, it is not normal for any sort of house guest to do this.

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

@Sebrina-Marie-and-Jason0 

This is truly a very uncomfortable situation. I will go as far as to communicate this on the Airbnb message platform with her. Yes speak to her about it and afterwards put it in writing as an Airbnb message too. This way you at least have of the communication should something erupt later on. Good luck!