Guest not fulfilling house rules

Liam47
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

Guest not fulfilling house rules

My guest promised that he would address a serious issue with piled up trash and his generally leaving the rental area in a disgusting, unhygeinic, dangerous mess.  He (a student) clearly doesn't know how to cook and smokes up his kitchen area and even my upstairs on almost a daily basis.  We've had multiple conversations about the problem, but it now seems to be going backyards.  He just doesn't have the attention span or care to clean up after himself and take out trash.  What can I do?   I would like to cancel the guest's booking as I'm done with conversations and notes on the problem, but Airbnb does not discuss that possibility.

2 Replies 2

@Liam47, how long is this person's booking for? (It sounds like he has been there for a while...)

And what reason does AirBnB provide for not considering cancelling the rest of this person's stay?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Liam47

Try airbnb again using a direct message to @airbnb help on twitter.

Refer to their own rules stating that you may cancel when a guest is breaking your house rules or you are uncomfortable with the guest.  Refer to the commuinity center as well. This person is clearly not suited for house sharing.

Be factual and polite and include the booking number.

But before you do anything of the above, tell your guest through the platform messaging board. Something like "after numerous reminders regarding house rules with no improvement, you are now going to contact airbnb in order to terminate the booking".