Guest refunds Host

Fagner0
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Guest refunds Host

Dear guys,

One of my guest cancelled the booking with 4 days before her check-in.

The politics to my booking is the Moderate one, which refunds 50% until 7 days before the check in.

I believe this way the guest wouldn´t be refunded, isn´t?

Otherwise, I would receive 50% of refund from my guest, ok?

How should I proceed to reclaim it?

Regards,

**bleep**ner

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Fagner0 since your guest cancelled 4 days prior to their reservation date, you will receive the first night's price plus 50% of the remaining nights that were cancelled.  

Airbnb will issue you a payout automatically.  You do not need to claim it. 

Fagner0
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Dear @Clare0,

Thank you for your answer, but the problem is that Airbnb refunded the guest 100% and didn´t realized 50% of the refund to me. I believe there´s a mistake because they should already realized the deposit yesterday, as normally happens.

I just confirmed that the settings in my flat´s page to cancelling is configured to the proper refund. It does match. But I received this message in the email, what worried me about:

(Translated of the portuguese version)

"We regret that the (guest name) guest canceled the reservation KAH88S beginning on 04/08/2016. According to their cancellation policy, a full refund was sent to the guest. An adjustment of R$ 1,813 was applied and will be deducted from your account . For more information on payments in case of cancellation, please see our Frequently Asked Questions. "

"Lamentamos informar que o hóspede (nome do hóspede) cancelou a reserva KAH88S com início em 2016-04-08. De acordo com sua política de cancelamento, um reembolso completo foi enviado ao hóspede. Um ajuste de -R$1.813 foi aplicado e será descontado da sua conta. Para obter mais informações sobre pagamentos em caso de cancelamento, por favor, consulte nossas Perguntas Frequentes."

I don´t know what can I do to inform this to Airbnb because there´s was mistunderstood on this operation.

Thank you one more time,

**bleep**ner

@Fagner0 Not being a staff member of Airbnb, I don't know what to tell you other than to contact Airbnb to find out why they overrode your cancellation policy.  

I agree that the message sent to you was inadequate.  I have seen instances where some guests have gotten this message when booking, but I don't know which listings, which guests it applies to.  One of those mystery policies Airbnb implements from time to time.  Also, I cannot say this was applied in your case.  

Refund all.JPG

I would contact Airbnb and not settle for anything less than a complete explanation for their action in your case.  Try using twitter @airbnbhelp.  I get the best results that way. 

Good luck. 

Fagner0
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Thank you very much Clare!

The only think is that I don´t use twitter.

Is it possible contact them using some email, phone or facebook?

Or do you know any other way to contact them?

Cheers,

**bleep**ner

@Fagner0 There is no single email, I'm afraid, but there is a phone number for Brazil:  

+55 21 3958-5800