Guest says she is bringing 'pets'

Sheena13
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Guest says she is bringing 'pets'

Is it a bit strange she has not mentioned what sort of pets? I guess I do say my listing is pet friendly but what if her pets are Llama's or pot bellied pigs or something that the cottage is not suitable for. I'm getting a bad feeling. 
I was going to send the generic reply along with the 'I'll send the request for the £20 cleaning fee for pets separately" but I'm having a niggle about the unidentified species of these 'pets' and how many are there? We just had 4 dogs a few weeks ago and I'm not keen on repeating that experience. Followed by the guests whose dog left presents in the house. She doesn't appear to have any reviews yet.

Am I right to worry? Can I reply and ask how many and what species? Oh dear I should update my listing maybe to restrict to two dogs and to contact me in advance for other types of pets. I'm open to most so long as they are house trained.

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just ask the guest @Sheena13  and then update your listing to specify what sort of pets you are happy to accept and how many.

Sheena13
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

I do need to update my listing. I realise by just saying pets I'm open to Alligators or anything!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Sheena13  would you cancel this guest if you don’t like the type of the pet or the number? If not, it is just irrelevant at this point. But you should update your listing specifying what you’re comfortable with. Remember that cancellations carry a lot of consequences.   Since this is upsetting you, there is nothing wrong with asking. Hopefully her answer will put your mind at ease. 

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

@Sheena13 you have to ask them because I’m dying to know now.  🙂 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sheena13 

I don't understand why you hesitate to ask? I ask my guests different things on a regular basis: do they need a parking space, what is their exact time of arrival, which beds they wanna use, do they need a transfer from the airport, how big their dog is etc... same things I would ask my friends if they would come to visit me

And it's going both ways, they ask us all kinds of information, recommendations or in case they need something or can't find it. It's the beauty of Airbnb 🙂

Your have given up guests must be more communicative than mine 🙂 I have given up trying to extract information like arrival time! 

Sheena13
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Lol, I was almost disappointed. I asked and its just dogs. Three of them. Not Llamas or giant bunnies or pythons or anything 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do let us know if you do find any Glaswegian gators @Sheena13 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Sheena13 

Lucky you. Just 3 dogs this week rather than the 4 a few weeks back that you wouldn't want to repeat 🙂

🙂 Yeah... I've updated my listing for a two dog max...