Guests booked but asking for exact location through email

Zoe31
Level 2
Tasmania, Australia

Guests booked but asking for exact location through email

Hi all,

I just had a guest book with me for 2 nights in 3 months time. All was fine, he seems normal and has positive reviews. However, he has just emailed me asking for the exact address. The email has not come through as a normal Airbnb email (usually shows their name e.g. Bill (Airbnb) in my gmail inbox) and instead say "Airbnb User" as the sender. It has not come through to my Airbnb inbox either - only my gmail. 

I have heard about people asking for the exact address before booking which I would definitely not provide. But this person has ALREADY booked. Should I reply with my address?

This is probably no cause for concern at all but I wanted to double check what everyone else thought.. something seems odd about it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Replies 4
Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

If the guest already booked, then they should have received an itinerary, which would show the exact address of your place. They probably haven't read through their itinerary, or they wouldn't be asking you this question. Just as guests typically don't read all the information in a listing, they also don't read all the information on their itinerary.

I would reply to his inquiry on the Airbnb platform. Keep all communications on the platform. For planning purposes, sometimes guests want to know an exact location far in advance. Even though it is listed on his itinerary, just give it to him again by messaging on the Airbnb platform. Easy to do.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Zoe31,

Here's a help system article that gives some guidance on suspect emails. It can help with deciding if an email is from Airbnb or not.

How do I know if an email is really from Airbnb?

I agree with @Jim-and-Marcia0. Respond on the Airbnb system, don't hit "reply" on the email.

Steve.

Diana582
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Asking guests to leave

Diana582
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Crying baby