HOST CHECK IN GUESTS ON TIME AND GUEST ARE UNHAPPY

Marissa46
Level 2
Ultimo, Australia

HOST CHECK IN GUESTS ON TIME AND GUEST ARE UNHAPPY

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS GUEST IF YOU HAVE HER AT YOUR HOME. BY DOING THE RIGHT THING AND ALSO GOT BLAMED FOR IS HIGHLY RIDICULOUS

I got one of the most ridiculous review of one the guest leaving. Her name is **. Apparently our check in time is starting at 6pm. She requested for earlier check in time and due to weekends, I make it flexible to most of the guests. We offer her a check in time earlier at 1pm and at 12pm she told me thats too early she cannot make it. Ive told her that we will be seeing you at normal check in time instead and 6pm and she said okay.  Then I told her we will be arriving at 6pm to check you in. .She mentioned that she would be arriving at exact 6pm and both of them arrived earlier and without letting me know in advance, how would they expect me to help them? She arrived 8 minutes earlier and didnt let me know that she's arriving. She didnt reach us by phone, didnt response to any messages and imessages and airbnb app when she arrived earlier either. So it was definitely a lie on her end. As we can see upon you are satisfied with our service and rooms. We offer her some teas as for most guests as reflected in our previous reviews also. But we get turned down by her arriving the place early and we checked her in on time. It clearly pointed out to us that our quality and service cannot compare with her early arrival and her refusal of communication from guest. I have contacted airbnb in regarding to this case and also sending evidence of our conversation. I raised this issue to two case managers and they cannot help me. Their argument is this issue does not violate our contents so we cannot do anything on our behalf. So Frustrated

This is her review and below is her Airbnb PROFILE. 
The accomodation was nice and overall it was pretty good, about 10min walk to Darling Harbour. We did however arrive 8 minutes early and were made to wait until exactly 6pm before Marissa would allow us to check in.She seemed agitated at our timing and was abrupt and a little rude when we finally got hold of her. We had been offered a check in 4hrs prior so it wasn't to do with the room not being ready. It made us uncomfortable and despite the accomodation being clean and as stated, I probably wouldn't stay here again due to that fact. 

**[Image removed due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

15 Replies 15

Marissa if I complained about every guest that wasn't exactly on time I wouldn't have time to do anything else! I read your comments at 2350 while I was waiting to do airport pick up for guests whose flight was delayed. My usual latest check in time is 2200 - I got back with them at 0115. It is what it is. You probably did more damage with your response to your guests review. Guests get lost, lose their internet connection, worry about being late so get there early etc etc. Part of being a host is to welcome regardless...