More Search Issues - Pets Allowed

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

More Search Issues - Pets Allowed

Hello all,

If you have any check box items that are important to your success as a host, I would try searching your property with the filters checked and see if your place comes up. I have had a number of issues with my listing's seach results since the Plus rollout.

I was doing my weekly listing check yesterday, and I noticed that although I have Pets Allowed checked off in my rules, if you use the Pets Allowed filter, my listing doesn't come up. I have checked and double-checked it from various devices, and still, my place doesn't come up. This really annoys me for two reasons:

1) We do get guests who stay with us specifically because we allow pets; and

2) When I travel, I use this filter because we need to find pet friendly listings.

It seems that many listings only allow small dogs, or inist that dogs be crated if you leave them alone. I have 2x80 lb dogs, one of whom cannot be crated, so it really limits our options. We don't have a maximum weight and we don't insist on crating. There are already few pet-friendly listings to choose from without making it impossible to effectively search for listings that are available. Someone would have to click on our listing then actually read the rules in order to find out we're dog-friendly.

3 Replies 3
Allison165
Level 2
Allegany, NY

I was having the same problem. So I selected not suitable for pets, saved it, then reselected suitable for pets and my listing showed up in pet friendly search results again. I hope that helps if you haven't already done that. They really need to fix whatever the glitch is. 

Nick392
Level 1
Whitchurch, United Kingdom

Brill! I had the same problem and this fix has worked. Many thanks Allison.

Niki65
Level 1
Denver, CO

Same problem, we selected "suitable for pets" in house rules yet do not show up when you search our area with the filter of "pets allowed." I tried your suggestion and it did not fix our listing. Airbnb help has not been able to recognize this problem and not showing up as allowing pets is really hurting our rents.... please help