My guest cancelled and yet my calendar is still blocked

Imogen2
Level 1
Hathersage, United Kingdom

My guest cancelled and yet my calendar is still blocked

We have a small cottage and my guest who is new to air bnb asked for her and her daughter to stay. She started to ask about other friends staying whihc I felt uncomfortable about (it would also go voer the meximum number in the house). I suggested the property maybe wasnt right for the size of party and she cancelled. However the calendar remains blocked, what should i do?

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just to be clear - this was an fully approved booking. IE you had receive an email saying: Congrats xx will soon be arriving etc... And you can see the booking under your reservations?

If so then it should free up - it;s only as when you cancel as a host that the dates remain blocked. Give it a day and then contact AirBnB

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Imogen2

From your description it sounds as if the (potential) guest sent you a booking request to accept or decline, but that the time duration of your exchange exceeded the 24h limit given by Airbnb. This would mean that you as host hadn't made a decision to accept/decline and the software has now blocked the dates as penalty 

@Imogen0,

I had 2 cancellation from guests since 1 month and twice my calendar remained blocked. It wasn't like that 3 month ago. Maybe it's a new airbnb rule. As I have a strict cancellation policy and the 2 cancellation were the day before I have been paid (except cleaning fees) so I consider it was paid holidays. I think you should contact airbnb to have the dates unblocked if it's really a cancellation made by the guest.
Myra22
Level 2
Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Hello everyone.  I'm new to the Airbnb community and just yesterday I received a cancellation from a guest and also received notice from Airbnb that they've gone ahead and cleared my calendar so I can accept new reservations however my calendar still appears to be blocked (black colored).  Shall I wait a bit longer to see if it will clear or do I clear the calendar myself?

Thank you!