HOSTS REQUIREMENTS FROM GUESTS.

William208
Level 1
New York, NY

HOSTS REQUIREMENTS FROM GUESTS.

I just had to spend time to send 3 messages to a potential  guest that had NO official documentation of any kind listed with airbnb or any guests history.

AND if I don't respond within a certain time, MY RATING is penalized by airbnb. I don't have time for this !!! I DON'T want to hear from these potential guests at all.

EXAMPLE:

I'm sorry Javiar, You are not properly registered with official government issued documents to be considered eligible to rent apartments through Air BNB. You also do not have any guest history with Air BNB, so we will not consider you to rent our apartment. I am sorry, but this is an official policy.
Please forgive the terrible translation, but I don't speak Spanish well and I am using google translation.

10 Replies 10
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@William208 

you can write a message and save it and the next time you can reuse it. It will save you time.

you can also tell your guest that you will be happy to accept his request ones he verifies his ID.

You can accept his request and ask him to show you his ID at the arrival for registration purposes ( we do that)

you can set your booking requirements so only verified guests and those with recommendations from other hosts can instantly book your place ( others should send requests)

We all agree Airbnb should not allow registration with only email or mobile phone number but they do because their only goal is to make a profit.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@William208 Much of what you have written is not, in fact, AirBNB policy at all. If you don't want booking inquiries or requests from people who have not been verified with Government ID then you are not using the right platform. AirBNB doesn't require much more than an email address and a valid form of payment.

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Yes. Our listing shouldn't even show up to people who don't meet our requirements but we all know that a few lines of code won't get in the way of airbnb revenue. This discussion goes way back to an earlier thread of mine where we're forced to accept or decline. I'm assuming from your post that it's only an inquire. Consider yourself lucky that you only have to take the time to respond and not put into my situation. Hopefully one day it will change. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Emilia42  Even with that box checked, people can request or create an inquiry, right? This box has always been checked on my listing and I still get requests from people who have not been verified. I would have to check if I get requests, or just inquiries though.

@Susan151 

Since checking that box last spring I have not received a request to book. They have all been instant bookings and everyone has been verified. Prior to this I was getting a lot of requests from unverified people. An inquiry can still be sent but I tell them they must book through the system and go through the booking process (without pre approving or declining) When their instant booking comes through they have completed the verification without prompting from me. 

@Emilia42  Thank you for that information. When I have a moment, I will review those few requests.

@Susan151 It could just be a coincidence on my end but I was so thankful that I stopped getting requests and having to walk people through the verification process. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH EMILLA42 !!!!

thankyou!  that's helpful, I get sick of having to talk people through the verification process.