Having a big sofa bed in the living room, can that room be called Bedroom?

Laura4297
Level 2
Alghero, Italy

Having a big sofa bed in the living room, can that room be called Bedroom?

Hi

My property consists of 1 bedroom with a double bed and a living room with a sofa bed for a total of 4 guests capacity. I have noticed that the way Airbnb shows my property is like if it only had one big room where 4 people can sleep all together, while they actually get split between the bedroom (+2) and the living room (+2), each area with a lock and full privacy. 

Is there a way to show that each room can sleep 2 guests separately?

Could I change the living room and call it as a bedroom and the in the description mention that this bedroom is actually a living room/bedroom?

Thank you!

6 Replies 6
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Laura4297 Do you have to go through the living room to get to the bedroom? If so, you really can't call it a private space or extra bedroom. It would be an extra bed in a "common area."

@Suzanne302  Hi and thank you!!  well all rooms have their own door with a lock so they don´t have to go through the bedroom to get to the living room.

I am just worried that if I select 2 bedrooms they would expect 2 proper bedrooms and not a living room/bedroom (even tho the sofa bed is incredibly comfortable) and that my lead to a negative review. 

Second option is to leave everything as it is but as I mentioned, this generates confusion because it looks like a bedroom which can sleep 4 people all together

😞

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Laura4297

You need to list your place as:

- Bedroom 1: 1 double/queen/king* bed (choose which size applies)

- Common Spaces: 1 Sofa bed

- It's all there somewhere on the drop down lists when you set up! 

(If you don't list accurately, in this format, some guest will complain & ding your 'accuracy' marks!) 

@Helen350 Hi thank you to you too

So I guess I need to call that room as common space even tho it has an independent door

Ok

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Laura4297 

-If the room with the sofa bed is also used as a living room for all occupants, & has living room furniture, then I'd call the room a 'Common Space.' (The term Airbnb use on the drop down list.)

- If the room with the sofa bed is ONLY ever used as a 2nd bedroom, & never a living room, then you could call it 'Bedroom 2' - but still list it as having a sofa bed not a double/queen/king bed.

- Don't mislead guests into thinking you have 2 bedrooms AND a  separate living room = 3 rooms! That WILL lead to bad reviews!

- Either you have 2 bedrooms & NO living room (Common space) , or you have 1x bedroom, & 1x living room = Common space.

Laura4297
Level 2
Alghero, Italy

@Helen350 alright cool thanks it makes perfect sense now I will do as you suggest