Having a personal welcome and/or key box - how to indicate that both are possible?

Martin621
Level 1
Geneva, Switzerland

Having a personal welcome and/or key box - how to indicate that both are possible?

Hi community,

I have an option to have in person welcome for my property till certain time in the evening, and after that there is keybox, so apartment is accessible 24h.

How do I indicate this properly? Just putting it in main description is a waste of valuable space (which I run off describing all possibilities).

To me in person welcome is a premium feature where less things can go wrong and I myself appreciate it when travelling, but then I also want to be more business-friendly and indicate 24h availability for those late arrivals.

It seemed to me that UI offers either one or another, but not both clearly.

Thank you for advice in advance

Martin

2 Replies 2
Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Hi @Martin6 

Thats one of many platform areas that I’d appreciate updated as well.

I know of no way to accomplish thus except by stating it in the narrative of the “host contact” and general property descriptions.

I always send a welcome message a couple of days before arrival to answer any last minute questions, discern an eta, and offer directions.  In that message I let them know that after a certain hour, they can self check in, i’m available via messaging, and I’ll catch up with them in the morning.

So far, the message endeavor has been successful over putting it in the listing, and it’s much more personal. 

Martin621
Level 1
Geneva, Switzerland

Thank you Susan,

that's cca my behaviour too, but that explanation helps once booking is done. I would like to stand a bit above all those offering only keybox when people are looking for premium experience including coming to apartment, already while people are researching booking options.

Well we can hope somebody from airbnb will notice this, its a small addition to their web but hosts like us would benefit from it.