Hey SUPERHOSTS ! What ONE complimentary thing that you absolutely must do for guests experience?

Rosalind41
Level 8
Abbeville, SC

Hey SUPERHOSTS ! What ONE complimentary thing that you absolutely must do for guests experience?

Hey SUPERHOSTS!

Seriously, what's the ONE 'complimentary' UNEXPECTED, wow factor thing that you absolutely must do for your guest experience?

Plain and simple:  What is it that you hands-down, without a shadow of a doubt MUST include in each and every one of your listings' stay experiences.

Hard question for some, probably very easy question for other Superhosts.

Grazie and thanks,

Rosalind

57 Replies 57

Nail on the head, @Helen427 ! Couldn't agree more 🙂

@Helen427 and @Susan17  This is probably our best thing that we offer . . . and it's natural, not fake.  My guests mention this in every review.  I guess I never thought of this as an 'extra' thing since it just comes naturally to us.  I need to remember this and appreciate you mentioning it.  Someday I'd love to visit New Zealand, I hear it is full of magnificent beauty and lovely people!

Thanks @Rosalind41 , yes New Zealand is beautiful, but like all countries now becoming over populated with urban sprawl.

As for us people, well thanks I hope I'm a lovely person!!

Did you see my Nurture with Nature Community Centre Festival of Hospitality contribution?
It was fun doing that.

@Helen427 

Can I just point out here.. you may not have the fabricated title or the silly "badge", but it's crystal clear from your glowing reviews that your guests love your warm hospitality, and you're every inch a super host!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Susan17 for your kind words.

I was raised to be kind to others.

Our parents were always picking up those tourists who were hitch-hiking their way around New Zealand and inviting them to stay on the family farm & take a walk through the native bush to see the Kiwis.

As one of my Australian Guests said, it's like billeting and compensating those one stays with for their lodgings.

Btw, we use both metrics & imperial measurements so hope that includes centimetres like centipedes 😉

@Helen427  Wise parents you did have!  You can never forget a random kindness given to you by another.  I try to practice kindness every day too.  I can tell in your messages that you truly are a kind soul!

wow @Susan17  that is so kind of you.  I would like to have the honor of being a designated 'superhost'.  We had some very picky guests who gave us a '4' due to finding some cobwebs in our sunroom.  No bad reviews after that, but it looks like Airbnb will take that negative issue into account when making a decison on me (and my host).  I do enjoy talking with people so much and so communication naturally receives high marks.  It's been a pleasure to extend hospitality to others staying in my family's old 1960's home.  My parents were in the hospitality industry (a restaurant) and 2 of my siblings have continued in the same vein.  I went into teaching and so I find this venture to be right up my alley.  Thanks again for your positive words for me!  Roz

No, @Helen427 I didn't see your contribution.  Where can I read about it?  

Also, there was a special show a few years ago on TV on the movement of so many Americans to New Zealand.  Do you see that happening?  I guess the reason behind so many of us moving to N.Z. is to escape some of the insanity of living so hectically here.  Apparently, there is a much more slow, laid back lifestyle where you live.  My husband and I live in the countryside and thoroughly love the livestyle!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Stephaniehas kindly put the link @Rosalind41 to my Nurture with Nature contribution to the Festival of Hospitality in the post above..

My boys have grown and got some super photos during the week I must put online.

Thanks Steph

@Rosalind41American's have always navigated around the world including to NZ.

Tend to see more American tourists than residents in Auckland as they tend to go to the South Island.

Auckland can be hectic however we are fortunate we still have a few pockets of rural areas around.

Some are trying to get the hens, roosters & chickens removed from Titirangi at the moment which is silly as they were there long before the influx of people in the area.

Franklin made sure people wherever they went had chickens, wheat, goats & a few other essential needs to survive.

To me keeping the chooks is important to remind people of the importance of nature in our lives which without we would go hungry.

Good morning everyone,

The most importante thing for me is to treat everyone sincerely with a smile, and treat the guest as I would like to be treated. So, for example, if they arrive at 8 pm I will leave an extra snack (althought there's a restaurante in front of the house).

My house is in Porto, so before I leave I offered my guest some fresh white Porto wine.

@Rita662 I like your idea and that of a few others that mentioned offering something local.  That would certainly be food from the Midwest (and 'bread basket') region of the U.S.A., such as pork and corn which all have to be prepared/cooked.  I believe there is a local coffee business that would be great to offer my guests.  Sincere smiles are always offered and so appreciated as you stated!   Thanks for your help Rita!

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

a comfy bed with good sheets!  

So true @Susie5 .... I've got great beds, but the sheets are just economical common sheets.  I really want to upgrade them to a higher thread count, but they are pretty expensive.  I think that I'll add them for next year's fall season.  I don't keep this home open in the winter months due to the liability of someone slipping and falling on ice and snow.  The cost of snow and ice removal is too expensive and the town where my home is located is mostly a fall destination.  So my income will stop after November and I need to keep my extra expenses to a minimum.

Just your recommendation alone makes me want to fly to Boston to sleep in one of your beds!  

@Rosalind41  I buy sheets from Target which are cheap but excellent...threshold performance all cotton.i have twin beds and usually get these sheets on sale for $23 or so. You might have a look at them for the future! I used to use microfiber but went over to these completely, especially the patterns which don't show tiny little flaws like solids do. Happy hosting!