Local Ordinance- NJ

Joel441
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

Local Ordinance- NJ

We have a house in which we do Airbnb short term rentals in NJ.  Township is convening tomorrow to create legislation outlawing less than 30 day rentals.  Any recommendations for attorneys?  Or better yet, does Airbnb have any resources themselves for fighting this?  How do I contact them to find out if they would be willing to send an attorney to the meeting?

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Joel441 & welcome to ABB CC

Use keywords like short term rental, etc in the searchbox here in CC and you will find much helpful info worldwide discussing this matter.

Sydney, Australia are contesting this issue so look info in here - it's helpful to look outside the square.

All the best

CentralTo All Home & Location, Auckland, New Zealand

Daniel9681
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

Hey! I’m a few years too late to reply to this post but my town also banned STRs under 30 days recently.  Did you have any success at getting this appealed?  Seems like the monmouth county jersey shore towns suddenly all came up with new ordinances and I can no longer host under 30 days.  We’ve had an incident in long branch a few weeks ago with a “pop up parties” which made locals concerned about attracting unwanted crowds.