Home Share Hosts How Will You Attract Guests This Slow Season?

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Home Share Hosts How Will You Attract Guests This Slow Season?

Hello my fellow home share hosts!

I've been hosting in my home since January 2017. As the fall and winter seasons approach I try to think of new ways to entice guests to choose my listing. This time I'm testing out the special promotions ABB is offering. I also try to feature a local event via my ABB Face book page and Twitter. 

Not being in a touristy area, I mostly get travelers looking for an overnight stay on their way north or south. I'd love to get more multinight stays.

What are your ideas for attracting more home share guests this slow season?

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your listing meets a very important need for travlers on their way from one place to another, right?  You offer a meat and potatoes room in a charming home.  Sharing a bathroom and no cooking works for one or two nights but not for longer stays.  Perhaps you can have a second listing that is more geared to the traveler who will stay for a week or more with a minimum stay of a week.  This listing is the same room, but perhaps amenities related to cooking and washing clothes would be added.  You would sync the calendar with your short term.  Think that might work for you?

My poorly worded question was more along the lines of what are other home share hosts doing to attract guests to "their" homes. To spur a conversation of ideas for others looking to entice guests during the slower period.

As this is a home share, not a separate location, I do not allow guests to cook in my kitchen or do their laundry in my machines. An additional night or two is all I'm looking at. And, again, this was intended to be a general discussion to spur ideas, not to specifically address my listing.

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robin129 

- social media advertising, there is a whole thread on how to on the community pages 

-heard that opening up your calendar to up 6 months in advance is good for boosting your position

-daily or so update of listing, calendar etc- we have most success with updating booking settings in particularly but don’t know for anyone else

-hosting an experience

-positive reviews (5*s)

-IB

-quick responses 

-apparently contributing to the Airbnb community page helps (I have seen starting a topic be incredible but could be coincidence)

only I have no idea what Airbnb favours but if you find out please let me know! 🙏🏻😂

Good luck everyone 🙂

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

In the US, Monday November 11 is Veterans Day. Are any home-share hosts using the Promotions to offer special rates?