Home exchange

Home exchange

Hello! Im reffering to people who love travelling and explore new natural places.
Wondering if airbnb,give us the ability to give a special offer for a guest willing to give this offer as a response in order to visit his place back!

Of course after reciprocal desire to someones place,giving tha chance to meet eachother little oasis!

7 Replies 7
Jeannie66
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Are you referring to a type of exchange like the Home Exchange program? I was also wondering if Airbnb would, at some point, offer some sort of program to hosts to swap places. It would be an ideal way for hosts to travel and an added bonus for being a host. I would love to hear other's thoughts on this. 

Martina1
Level 2
Rome, Italy

I was thinking the same thing..I would do a vacation swap with other hosts..but what could Airbnb gain from this? And how to charge? A swap would be useful if it was almost free.. so one just need to pay for tue flight for example..

Christopher1430
Level 1
Volos, Greece

Hello everyone!
Im so glad finally someone replied to my conversation!
My idea was that of course Airbnb gains a commision, so there is a basic charge when we swap homes.
For example, i like your listing, and making a request to you to swap homes (not nescessary the same time), if you are positive, im booking 5 nights for example. I pay an amount, that is for airbnb's commission and for some basic expenses you have to prepare the house for the guests.( cleaning costs, consumable stuff, etc) and accommodation is free. 
So, airbnb takes its commission( it has to set different % of the amount), the host take some money for preparation costs, and the host has a 5 nights pass in my place, and when you want to exchange that pass, ask me for availability, and the same, you pay something to cover the preparation cost, and the airbnb's commission, and you have free accommodation.
How it sounds to you?

Best regards and greetings from Greece Pelion,
Christopher Katsianakis

I can't see why you would want to pay Airbnb commission to do a host swap??

i would just use one of the many hosts and villa swop groups and websites that exist. @Χριστόφορος0 

I aggree with you, but if we dont want to pay airbnb commission, we have to find another way to find each other. Because thats why we pay commission, because airbnb helps us find each other! 

There are about 40 host swap groups and holiday accommodation  swap website . Any reason you can't use one of the @Christopher1430 ? 

Christopher1430
Level 1
Volos, Greece

My listing  Airbnb name is "Grove Cottage Pelion" , and you can contact me on whatsapp ***
Best Regards! 

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]