Hospitaloty Tips Wanted for Long Term Guest

Mary885
Level 1
Greenwich, CT

Hospitaloty Tips Wanted for Long Term Guest

Hello! I have a local family spending one-two months at my airbnb while their home is renevated. They are treating my home as they would their own and I feel quite lucky! As you know, there are some less than respectfull people out there. Typically I just give guests a little welcome gift - Wine / flowers / chocolate and/or breakfast foods if they arrive late at night. My guests are now at week three and I feel I should do something else. Please let me know if you have done anything mid-stay to make sure you are being a good host. Thank you very much for reading!

1 Reply 1

Hi @Mary885

I host a lot of long term guests (exchange students) in my private room listing 🙂 In my case, I handle all sheet changes, empty the trash bin in the room/bath, and provide clean towels for the entire stay (we handle laundry of the sheets and guest towels, so the guest is responsible for their personal clothes only) - it's a good excuse to occasionally enter the guest room & bath and keep an eye on the guest's space. We clearly communicate that the guest is responsible for keeping the guest private spaces clean, but we do include those spaces during our weekly vaccum of the entire house.

Most of my guests stay for up to 4 months so Henry and I usually invite them to dinner at least once and also invite them to join us when we go to our favorite local Korean bbq place (usually right around the middle of their stay) Also, when we buy melons or seasonal fruit we tend to buy plenty to share with our guest.