Hosting Milestones - What Have Been the Most Important to You?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Hosting Milestones - What Have Been the Most Important to You?

Hello all,

So today, I hit a hosting milestone that felt significant to me: I finally filled a complete month with bookings. July was fully booked in our primary listing.

Some other hosting milestones that have been significant to me:

- Being awarded my Superhost badge for the first time.

- I set a goal of a certain number of guests per month and a certain amount in monthly earnings. The first time I made that goal - and the first time I tripled it - felt pretty amazing.

One that's coming up for me next couple of weeks, but I haven't hit yet, is hosting 100 trips through Airbnb. I'm going to do something extra special for our 100th trip guest for sure.

I'm wondering what milestones you've have reached in your hosting that have been meaningful to you, or what goals you look forward to reaching.

28 Replies 28
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Love this topic @Alexandra316, you have started some great discussion here in the CC. 🙂

Well done for have a packed month of bookings, it is an amazing achievement and I'm sure the first of many great months ahead. Does your 100th guest know ahead of their visit that they will be marking the occasion? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Thanks!

No, they don't know yet, because there's actually some room before then to add some more bookings, so #100 may change. It will just be a suprise on arrival :-).

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ooo that makes it even more exciting @Alexandra316. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Alexandra316 Congrats! Same here, Superhost badge this month and also 100% occupancy rate! Feels great doesn't it?! 

@John1080 It really does, especially the full occupancy! I must be doing something right :-). Congrats to you as well!

@Alexandra316

Congratulations~!!!! Those are really impressive achievements!!! 

For Henry and me...... we are looking forward to when we host our 10th guest. Last year we hosted 4 guests...... this year will be the same, only that our next guest to arrive is our very first "repeat" guest! At our current pace, we expect we will be welcoming our 10th guest sometime next year 🙂 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 The repeat guest achivement is really great. It definitely feels good to know that people would choose to come back :-).

Louise231
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316i was super excited for my 100th booking, then i realised i'd passed it 😮

I was going off the number of bookings in the superhost tracker showing 94, then realised it had passed onto the next time period and i'd forgot to add in the bookings for the old time period lol.

Took me ages to work it out.

Also when i counted back to see who was the 100th it was a person booking on another person's account (without telling me!) who arrived at 1am in the morning so i'm actually kinda glad i hadn't celebrated it ...

@Louise231Yeah, honestly I may fudge it a bit if I'm not a fan of the 100th guest :-). I wish it had been my guest last night, because he was fantastic. 

That's an interersting point: I wonder if I'm counting it right? I was just going by the Superhost number. Now I'm going to need to double check it for myself!

Louise231
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

100th.png

@Alexandra316This is where i was going wrong, it looks like i've hosted 95 trips but it's only from Oct 2017. (doesn't inlude all the trips before)

Set the date to include you first booking and then you have to hand count bookings in the periods after that. (or look at 1 Oct 2016 to 30 Sept 2017  to see how many you have then add to the current time period of 1 Oct 2017 to 30 Sept 2018 )

Unless somone knows a better way?

@Louise231OH NO! My guest last night was my 100th guest! He was so great too... I wish I'd done more now. I did leave him some local beer and made sure there was lots of water (he was biking in from out of town), but I really wanted to make it more special. Darn it!

Bruna-and-Siana0
Level 10
Santa Clara, CA

Congratulations on the 100th guest @Alexandra316!

Our milestones are:

- superhost - achieved

- 100th guest - achieved

- 100th review -achieved

- get a booking for $100/night -achieved

- one guest from each continent - achieved

- guest from my own country  - not yet

- 150th guest - not yet... but we are at 148 now

And more to come... 

That's pretty cool @Bruna-and-Siana0 that you've been able to host people from so many different places. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

First booking, first review, first 100th was exciting. And each 100 after that, but the first was best.