Hosting navigation and feedback

Jennifer986
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Hosting navigation and feedback

Is anyone else having problems with the navigation for hosting a property and giving feedback on this to airbnb?

I just created a host site for the first time (many calls to the call center as much is not obvious), and then did not even get an email from airbnb when the first guest responded.   Airbnb call center staff tell me they get many calls on the same questions I am raising, do not seem trained to log these or bugs, suggest you send in feedback but you don't get any except in my 1 out of 6 calls, I did get a link to "how to" information which was wrong (I reported this to on my next call but the call center personnel were not interested in logging the issue - the instructions that are still posted on the website mentions a tab that does not even exist).

While I know in time I will become a pro at working around the airbnb host functions as most probably have, in my experience the design of the website and customer experience interfaces for hosts is significantly different from that of a guest.  When I had issues with booking or post a stay, I got calls from customer experience reps, solutions and follow up surveys.   But there is no such interface or services for hosts.   There may be if you have problem with a particular booking (I have yet to get that far).

Am I missing some key functionality or are other hosts experiencing the same?

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jennifer986 Welcome to the wonderful world of airbnb

We have lots of information on the forum for new hosts and are always happy to help when we can.

As a guest, airbnb will do its best to help in any way they can including giving you a full refund.

As a host, airbnb will do anything it can to make you lower your prices and then give a refund for no reason.

If you are stuck with anything, its probably quicker to ask on the forum, someone usually has a way around the problem.

Happy hosting, 99% of the time its wonderful.