Hosts with Pets abused by guests

Hosts with Pets abused by guests

I currently live in Italy where i run an airbnb. i live with a cat sinc 3 and half years. a little sweet kitten rescued from the street. in my last reservation my guest during her stay hurted my cat at least two times, the times i was able to see anyway.. once she kicked her making her fall on her back and the cat screamed and ran under my bed, my cat looked terrorized and for a week barely walked the room to go to her toilette or bowl containing her food. i asked help to the italian call center and they told me they couldnt help me with this problem because i needed evidence. so since cats can't speak i didn't know how to prove that. i have to underline that i am a superhost with 36 five stars review out of 36 trips i have hosted. they told me that if i cancelled my reservation i was going to face penalties. i see airbnb is really much concerned about racism and different human rights issue which is a wonderful thing, but they have a very little consideration about animal rights. what i wanted to ask is that: this is just because i live in Italy or also everywhere in the world airbnb let guests hurt host's pets without taking the drastic actions that are needed? 

15 Replies 15
Liz140
Level 4
Danville, IN

PS, late at night and on weekends you are more likely to be routed to a call center that is not US based. This is a bit strange as, this would be their most productive time. My experience with many foriegn call centers is that they do not take hosts seriously. Perhaps they feel pressured to keep a zero percent complaint level, or feel inadequate to do proper follow up. In these cases I just keep calling back until I get an American.