How do I charge by the room?

Gawain0
Level 2
Claremont, Australia

How do I charge by the room?

I have a guest suite which has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a living room. If the booking is for only 1 room, I do not let the other room out as I just want 1 group at a time so the bathroom isn't shared with strangers.

Sometimes I get a booking for 2 people, which I default to 1 room, but they want 2 separate rooms, for which I charge extra.

Currently I have it set as base price is for 2 people then an extra charge for each extra guest, up to 4 max.

This means I have to change the reservation to 3 adults to generate the correct price for using the 2 rooms.

Is there any way to just charge for the room, so the option is 1 room or 2 rooms?

5 Replies 5
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Gawain0 

The only other way to do that would be to creat two separate listings, one for 1 bedroom, one for 2 bedrooms, and then link the calendars.

I have this same issue but with 6 bedrooms.  I have increased price for additional person and explained in the details.  Has not helped at all.  Guests are either not reading or not understanding and Airbnb doesn't give any other options.  I'm really interested in how you decide to handle this.  Thanks.

Stephanie Archer

I've got very much the same problem.  I have a double bed in the bedroom and 2 sofa beds in the living area. I would like to be able to set a pricing structure to take account of bed usage/laundry work but I haven't figured out a workable way to do it yet

I have the same problem.  Has this issue been escalated up to airbnb?  Seems like a simple change in the system, speaking as a retired chief information officer.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tom2684 Your problem is easily solved by creating 2 listings. One as a two bed place, the other as a one bed place. This has an added advantage that you can block the calendar of the one bed place in high season so that you do not lose revenue.