How do I leave a review

Amelie43
Level 1
Crockham Hill, United Kingdom

How do I leave a review

Hi All,

Forgive me for being dumb but I just had the nicest guests stay for my first ever booking but cant figure out how to leave a nice review and star rating for them?  

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks!

17 Replies 17
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Amelie43 🙂

You will automatically get an email from airbnb and a notification on your dashboard that tells you it is time to write a review. I usually get the messages in the afternoon on the day of check out 🙂

Best, Sandra

How do I leave a review for Airbnb itself and not the host ? They wasted my time and made me lose money ! 

I made a reservation and then canceled it within 2 hours.  Cost me over $200 dollars.  I’ll never do business with them again!

Susan869
Level 6
Lupton, United Kingdom

@Amelie43 Don’t worry, you should shortly get an email asking you to review your guest. Click on the big red review tag and it walks you through it. Glad your first host experience was so positive. 99% of them are, despite many horror stories on here. Good luck

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Amelie43  You should get a prompt in your email or however you receive notifications, from airbnb asking you to leave a review the day after the guest has checked out. Did you not get one? Or it will appear when you click on messages on the top bar on your hosting page in the notifications section.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Amelie43

Hello Amelie and welcome to Airbnb hosting, I hope all your guests turn out to be just as nice as your first has been.

@Sandra856 @Susan869 @Sarah977 have told you that you will be email prompted to write a review once the guest leaves but, just in case you did miss that prompt follow this screenshot.

Log onto your account and you will notice a small green dot next to "Messages" in the option scroll line. Click on that and you will see the guests who you currently have to review.

Click on the guest you are being prompted to review and the review box will appear and walk you through the writing of the review.

Review prompts.png

Both you and the guest have 14 days from the end of the stay to submit a review, and when Airbnb have received both your reviews they will publish those reviews on each others profiles.

Good luck Amelie. I will look forward to seeing what you write.

Cheers.....Rob

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Amelie43  Also, since you're a new host (and how great that your first guest was wonderful), if you ever get a not-good guest who makes you upset or angry about something they did, commom wisdom here is not to write the review right away. Wait until you calm down, come on this forum to ask other hosts for advice if you're unsure how to review the guest, and take your time submitting a review, as you have 14 days to do it.

There are even some cases where a host thought the guest stole something and were really happy that they waited to write the review (or horrified and embarrassed that they had written a review accusing the guest), because they found the missing item in some strange place the guest had put it.

John4335
Level 1
Fayetteville, GA

@John4335  Sorry to hear that. How was it a scam? I see they are new listings with no reviews. Did you submit a review? Because this isn't the place to leave a review, this is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests.

That's ok.  I left one anyway.

@John4335  Good. You can also report the listing to Airbnb if it wasn't as advertised or some other type of scam. When you go to the host's profile, there is a flag under his profile info "report this listing". Click on that and you'll receive further prompts for information.

I got scammed as well in Hallandale Fl host was David in room 2003A it was dirty and he lied and promised me a full money back refund that I never got

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Raven44 

There is allways two of them: the scammer and the person who allows being scammed.

Sorry to hear about that John! I too was scammed and Airbnb did absolutely nothing to help. If anyone is looking for book in Las Vegas DO NOT USE NATALIA OR FERNANDO. THEY STOLE $5,000 FROM ME.  A simple bait and switch tactic. Book the unit snd then it’s not available was their excuse. Then tried to get refund and nothing. Then tried to get a credit for a future stay and nothing. Now they’re not responding. So now I have to get my attorney involved. Multiple other host in vegas have claimed that they’re scammers as well. They have 9 properties posted in vegas and all are scams. Below is a link of one of their properties. Please be careful

folks!

https://abnb.me/goBfBlzuakb