How do I submit a Form W 9 to Airbnb?

Jerome165
Level 2
Keaau, HI

How do I submit a Form W 9 to Airbnb?

How do I get this form once I fill it out to Airbnb so that I can ensure I'm keeping more of my money up front on bookings?

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Air BNB doesn't witthold taxes, so why do you think you would file a W9?

I was reading that they can withold up to 28% unless you filed this form with them.  Am I misunderstanding?

Christina949
Level 1
Lockhart, TX

I was reading that too I’m very confused how to set this up and getting varied tax information

My friend's told me that they they don't withold any %, but I can be wrong about that. If you want to save this form you can use some internet sources. This way you can fill the form online, send it to the airbnb and save it. If you'd like to try it I can advise you https://pdfliner.com/form_w_9

Tania573
Level 2
Castaic, CA

@Jerome165 Airbnb doesn't withhold earning taxes. They only collect local and state "hospitality" taxes. They will send a 1099 if you pass the reporting threshold for your state. I am actually an LLC looking to file a w-9. 

Greetings..I am stuck not understanding with this W-9 Form. For last several yrs, Airbnb sent me the 1099-K Form (as does VRBO), now they want me to fill in a W-9? I don't understand why it is now necessary? (Thank you for any pointers on this...my accountant is in NJ and is very elderly.)

Sincerely,

Barbara

Mike2542
Level 1
Seattle, WA

So, I (my LLC) would like to send AirBnB a W9: Where do I send it?