How to charge a late arrival fee?

Peter11
Level 2
Fitzroy North, Australia

How to charge a late arrival fee?

As my listing is in a gated apartment block, I can't leave an access key outside the block ..... against Body Corp rules. This being the case I'm happy to meet guests upon arrival. My problem is that guests reguarly arrive between 10pm to 1am due to late flights .... again I'm happy to meet them but I would like to charge a reasonable/fair fee for arrivals after 10pm.

1. Does anyone have experience in charging and collecting such a fee.

2. As I expect the AirBnB system does not cater for this, do I simply list the fee in AirBnB under "Other Fees" then request payment upon arrival?

Thanks ....... Peter

2 Replies 2
Trevor0
Level 3
New York, NY

Hey Peter,

I pay someone to greet my guest, $10 an hour before 10pm, and $15 after. Some of the local greeting services such as Proprly.com also charge more after a ceartain hour. I include these fees in my cleaning/prep charges, and make sure that this covers the most costly scenerio, which in this case amounts to $5 - $10 more (at most) per guest. In my experience this cost in negligable to the guest and I have never gotten any pushback. They understand that there are costs involved in cleaning, prepping, greeting, and I imagine if I were to get any pushback on my prep fees, going from say $65 to $75, then that might be a red flag and I may want to avoid that guests all-together.

I hope this helps.

I have a $10/HR charge for arriving after 11pm but I cannot find a way to charge the fee to an existing reservation