How to charge for extra guests

Mani-and-KP0
Level 2
San Jose, CA

How to charge for extra guests

Hi Community members,

I have set $20 for additional guests after 2 people under "Extra charges and currency" settings. But when my guests book, many of them choose only 1 or 2 guests and they only pay the standard rate. The booking request does not show me the number. Many times I find out later that they are bringing a child. How do I enforce the charge for the 3rd person/ a child? How do I enforce them to book for exact number of people?

Thanks,

Manie. 

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mani-and-KP0

you can prevent it by being present during check in or to instal video surveliance in front of your entrance . 

The problem is not detecting how many people there are, but enforcing the charge. I can send a request for money, but if they don't pay what can I do?

@Mani-and-KP0

If they book for 2 people and in a message thread they say they will come with a child (or they just show up with a child ) then you can change their reservation and include a child. They have to accept it.  Do not let them inside in your property and check in before they accept it. If they don't want to accept then contact Airbnb and ask them to cancel this reservation.

If you want to charge for infants up to 2 y.o. than the process is the same but instead of an infant you just include a child.

but in that case you should have it in your house rules that you charge every guest including infants.

My current guest is already in with a child, but good to know for next time. Another guest in the past checking as a couple, but later on brought their child in who was at his grandma's place. Good to know that I can change the booking without any penalty from AirBNB. They discourage cancellation or rejecting a booking, so I did not want to go that route. 

Thanks!

@Mani-and-KP0 sure you can change the reservation without any penalty. 

If they bring unregistered child is the same as they bring third adult. If you charge for any guest above 2 then they should pay.

If they are already in the apartment you can still send them reservation change or speciall offer or ask money through resolution center . Communicate through Airbnb messaging so if they refuse to pay contact Airbnb because it is violation of house rules and a ground to cancel the reservation without a refund