How to find a particular listing

Answered!
Marilyn26
Level 5
Asheville, NC

How to find a particular listing

A number of people have told me they can't find my listing when they want to book with me.  I told them about using the filters, looking for the headline and the lead photo, and usually they still had trouble.  An Airbnb help desk person told me that all hosts have a listing number (I now know what mine is), and that typing www.airbnb.com/rooms/yourlistingnumber will take potential guests straight to your listing.  I'm suggesting that an easier way would be to have a "key word" feature behind the search button that, along with the name of the city, could use the first few words of the listing headline to find a specific listing quickly and easily.  If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, please let the Feedback people know.

thanks, Marilyn G

1 Best Answer

Hi Marilyn!

Actually, you can create a Custom Link (Under Listing Details) on Airbnb. We use this and some hosts use the custom link for their social medial accounts (facebook, Instagram, etc). Airbnb Help Article and screen shot below:

How Do I Make a Custom Link for My Listing

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2575#section-heading-0-0

Custom Link.png

View Best Answer in original post

50 Replies 50
John870
Level 1
Portland, ME

agreed, my guests just left and invited me to stay at their listing when i travel to Paris. however it's next to impossible to find without asking the host to send a link specifically or otherwise. i think at least having access to a guest's full available listings on airbnb would be a great idea and huge help in creating community.

Megan19
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Specific listing searches apparently also do not work for international listings. I just tried to do a search for a listing in France using the airbnb.com site. The original listing was created on airbnb.fr, but I am amazed that you cannot locate using keywords, the name of the listing or the listing number. Poor user experience.

this is absolutely annoying.  i have been given a listing number, but for the life of me cannot enter it anywhere to find.  no problem on VRBO   so why cant air bnb do the same???

Alexandra712
Level 2
California, United States

I agree. AirBnB is becoming so populated with listings but their search engine is not good. You search specifically in one town or city and what pops up is everything in the whole region! All mixed in!

I am losing hope in AirBnb, they need to update their search engine and make it easier. I actually have to search for specific listings on Google which will then direct me to AirBnb, They can't even get it right on their own site. Shameful.

Catherine67
Level 2
Sancreed, United Kingdom

Yes frustrating - if you know the name of the property, the host, the location  you can not find.

I have not got a listing number as my friends who stayed there thought refererring me to the name of the host, the name of the property and its location would be enough!

I am free to arrange my dates aroudn the avaialabilty of this property because  it is where I want to stay - yet I can no find it nor book it!

Shame on you Air B&B! FIX THIS!

YOU are resticting our choices!

Catherine.......your airbnb number is this::

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/29913265

EVERYONE can find your number on your listing on the upper right corner of your picture there is a HEART....to save................and SHARE.....click that and a drop down will give you options...copy link

I Made cards and have the listing number with photo of my front cover: www.airbnb.com/rooms/18711133 that's my place.

happy hosting, Clara

Clara

Maybe you can help me, My property is a 6 bedroom property in Canning Vale, Perth Western Australia.

The property attracts lots of Weddings Guests so they specifically look up the Suburb "Canning Vale' Perth to be close to other family members.

If I type in Airbnb 'Canning Vale' other properties in this suburb show up but not mine, it even shows properties in nearby suburbs but not mine, the result being I get very few Airbnb bookings but many from 'HomeAndAway' that sows up every 'Canning Vale' property and as my photography is very proffessional I get more bookings as a result.

So how do I get on this list.

Theres only 14 Airbnb properties in my Suburb and its a very large suburb.

Regards

Mickey 

Thank you for sharing this. I had a guest want to come again and they couldn't find my listing easily on the AirBnB website. Now I know how to share the link with them! Thank you!

Yes, this link will send you directly to the listing from a browser.

HOWEVER!!!!  

If you try to send this link to a prospective guest on the app, the link is redacted.

What BS, eh?

We listed our property 2 days ago. We can't find any mention of it nor trying to use airbnb's suggested method and our numerical ID.

VRBO is so much easier to navigate.

Please fix this AIRBNB  Deborah and Charles, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

Kathleen345
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

I agree.  As a guest, I am trying to rebook at a guest house we liked. I can't even find the property among the 300 available let alone do a quick and direct search for it.  Please correct this. The site has become harder to use lately, not easier.  Thank you. 

Karen1244
Level 1
United States

this did not work.  i want to add a couple of non-consecutive days to my stay, but i cannot find the listing.  i tried entering www.airbnb.com/rooms/ plus my reservation number, and I got only an error message.  I have gone back to the original page to try to locate the property and have seen many items, but not the one i originally booked.  i can't find that anywhere.

Use the listing number, not the reservation number

how do you find the listing number?