How to handle this situation

Steven205
Level 1
Mansfield, CT

How to handle this situation

Guest wants to book my apartment for 3 days, this weekend.  She cannot get onto the internet to book my place, so she called me.  I told her I would block off the dates and she would call me in the morning about my progress to book my place in her name.  Is this appropriate for me to do for her?  She was willing to give me her credit card number as an assurance that she really wants the room.

Steve

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Steven205  If you want to rent your listing outside of Air BNB that is your choice and right to do, but you have none of the Air BNB services or safe guards.  I stay within Air BNB, so I would just pass on this booking. 

Thank you for your response.  This guest has recently stayed with us and is a very good 5 star guest.  I would like to bend over backwards to accomodate her stay.  Is there a way to help her book?  Can I book for her?

She has to book for herself, sounds like you do direct business as well if you can process Credit Cards.

David

Since you know this guest, @Steven205 and don't need the services of Air BNB, why don't you just block the dates on your calendar and make arrangements outside of Air BNB?  I guess I don't understand why you want this to be an Air BNB booking.  Hosting a 5 star guest is always a good deal, right?