How to remove bad review

How to remove bad review

Hi guys, 

we had a terrible guest the other night. She threw a big party and got numerous complaints from the neighbours and eventually we had to involve the police to remove them. Their friends also demonstrated a lot bad behavior in the neighborhood like kicking doors, urinating in the street, yelling at passing cars and so on. Many neighbors were furious. They also made some damages to our property and left a big mess in our house. 

Later on the guest gave us a 3star rating on review. Obviously it’s kind of revenge. We called Airbnb and was given a thread to put on all the evidence, the photos, the neighbours complaints on facebook pages. However it’s been 2 days now. We haven’t heard anything from the Airbnb team. 

We have a posted a reply to the guest review. But a 3 star rating will give us a headache for very long time. We want it to be removed. Also we believe if we allow this comment to stay on, it will encourage more of this type of antisocial guest behavior. I believe no one wants to see that. Also because of this, now all the neighbours are very against Airbnb, which is a very negative social impact for the whole thing. 

Just wondering if anyone has a better idea as how to remove these review. Thx

6 Replies 6
ONERüF0
Level 7
United States

Give Airbnb time to respond.  They generally have been very slow this summer...taking 5-7 days.  If the review is in violation of the terms of service they will remove.  Typically if a guest was removed from the property for violation of house rules they will remove.  Just be patient.  

I would suggest you install a ring doorbell camera so that you can keep track of this sort of issue and shut it down quickly.  Just be sure to update your listing to show that you have such a device on the premises. 

I would also update your rules to state that you will charge the guest XXX for having a party in violation of the rules of the house.   

Best of luck!

Donna519
Level 4
Bali, Indonesia

Dear Ray,

I agree with Oneruf comment, however you will find that Airbnb is very reluctant in removing guests comment.

Nevertheless, if you can show a police report demonstrating bad guest behavior that should help your case.

The public response you left on their comment should help other guests realize this bad comment was probably fueled buy revenge from poorly behaved guests, therefore should not affect your bookings too drastically.

Best of luck happy hosting!

Mark-And-Jamie0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Did they remove the review?

Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

The review system is very flawed, had a guest just leave a poor review that was just untrue, stated the place was dated, old pots/pans, dishes and dirty sheets.  This all stemmed from a request by the guest the day before his scheduled check-out asking me to cancel his last night as he had "an incident" on the mountain.  I refused as it left me with a single un-rented night, so he retaliated by leaving a poor, untrue review.  I don't want to leave a comment as it may appear petty on my part to future guests.  I have contacted ABB to see if they will take it down, we will wait and see.

Natassia2
Level 1
Western Cape, South Africa

Hi, did you manage to have the bad review removed? My guests showed up 2.5hrs late and then decided not to stay. Msged me 2days later asking their money back, and when I refused she also wrote me a bad review saying my place is dirty. Which is just not true

Mark-And-Naomi0
Level 2
Haxby, United Kingdom

Hi, was the review removed?