How would you describe your home in one line?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How would you describe your home in one line?

One line listing description.jpg

Hello everyone,

Every home on Airbnb is different, they all have their quirks and interesting features. You have the opportunity to give your listing a brief title to attract guests’ attention (as we discussed here), but how would you describe your home in one line?

Perhaps your apartment is “An oasis of calm in the city center, a stone’s throw away from the best shops and restaurants” or your house in the countryside is “A family home with nature on the doorstep, far from the hustle and bustle of city life.”. The possibilities are endless! Creative juices at the ready!

I look forward to reading your creative descriptions.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

33 Replies 33
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your home sounds like like a haven of tranquility @Amrita8. 🙂 What type of fruit trees do you have? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie, 

I have  8 varieties  of mangoes ,...Guavas, Papayas, Bananas,Chikus and Pomogrannet trees all around the house, besides   there are lots flower patches ,indoor and out door plants and kitchen garden with variety of vegetables and Herbs all grown organically which I share with my guests. 

Cheers.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Amrita8 That sounds like paradise 🙂

Would love to host the entire Airbnb community  sometimes.❤

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie

"Garden of earthly delights" 

Cheers.....Rob

IMG20181027191528 cc.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I think this is definitely true @Robin4, seeing your veggie patch and colourful flowers. 🙂 I feel like your garden is a place that is full of surprices (they're the best kind of spaces). 

--------------------

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

What a great idea for a thread!

I would describe our little cottage in New Zealand as thus:

A magical cottage retreat on the edge of Middle Earth, perched high above the modern world, amidst green forests and sunset views... where dreamers come to dream, and weary travellers come back 'new'.

Lower View.pngFront photo.png

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Beautiful view @Ben551 and I dreaming of that blue sky at the moment (although, it has felt like Spring here in London today). 

I would be very happy to stay in your listing, it's looks fantastic. I like the Tolkien reference, I hope you get to meet the occasional hobbit on your travels to the supermarket...

--------------------

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Oh thanks @Lizzie - yeah it never gets old, that view. 

Yeah the reference works quite well, with Weta studios and Peter Jackson in Wellington. We book Weta studio tours and Weta sculpting classes, plus my (actual) job is fine sculpting and miniature creation, so people often buy my pieces when they stay.

We have 4 Tolkien fans staying right now. They are calling the forest and fairy lights bedroom “The Rivendell Room” hahaha. There are also a bunch of secret white solar lights in the garden that we don’t photograph in our listing to surprise people. They all light up after dark, like the Doors of Durin (west gate of Moria). I swear, we have had grown men squeal like little children when they see it!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rubén16 @Lizzie @Ann72 @Ben551

This is the last summer those armchairs will remain like this Ruben. They have been wonderfully comfortable and totally outrageous sitting out there in the garden. Everyone says....'you have to be kidding' until they sit in them and then understand exactly why they are there under the trees and the stars.

Come winter I am going to cover them in birdmesh and, keeping the same shape, make concrete armchairs out of them. They will look just the same but they will be concrete with some really nice cushions which I can take inside at night or in inclement weather. 

I sort of imagine Julius Caeser reclining on a concrete lounge addorned with a mass of cushions....he ruled his empire....I rule mine!!!

Cheers.....Rob

@Rob0  I don't know if you can get it over there, but if you had the cushions covered in marine grade Sunbrella fabric, you wouldn't need to take them in at night or even if it was raining, unless it was pouring for days on end. It's indoor/outdoor fabric that's treated against mold and mildew, is water resistant and fade-proof. Comes in tons of colors and stripes. I work primarily with Sunbrella in my upholstery business (although I use the furniture fabric weight more than the marine grade), because it's the only thing that holds up to the humid weather and intense sun here. 

How would describe your home in one line

“ … ‘ … ‘      ; . ;     , - ‘ : . “

In order to comply with AIRBNB’s nondiscrimination policy, no word will be displayed to you. Since the words themselves are a particular form of picture only punctuation marks will be used.today.

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Lizzie Great question. I'm enjoying all of the responses.

I would describe my home as - "A clean and cozy space, just outside of the city, where all travelers are welcome."

SImple, but to the point!

- Daniel

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Saturdays Where Dreams do Come True

Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

I describe our home as “Our comfortable and cozy family and senior friendly home is like visiting your cool grandparents house”