I have Instant Booking on, but my listing does not appear with the Instant Booking filter

Eric1177
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I have Instant Booking on, but my listing does not appear with the Instant Booking filter

Hi, I'm a new host and I turned on Instant Booking,  but I require guests to have Government ID, recommendations from previous hosts and a profile photo (along with the standard Airbnb requirements).

However when I search for my listing:https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/32074220?s=51 with the instant book filter on, I cannot see it 😞

I'm doing the search while I'm logged in to my account, I'm picking avaliable dates within my min/max stay period and I meet my own Instant Booking requirements: I have Gov. ID, I have a photo, I have postitive reviews from previous hosts I've stay with while traveling before. But my place does not show up unless I turn off the filter for Instant Book 😞

Does anyone know why this might be the case? Or could you help search for my listing with the Instant Book filter on and see if you can find it?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Eric1177 

Instant booking is switched off on your listing

Have you declined a few reservation requests, as airbnb will switch it off for a while if you do.

I canceled one booking about 2 weeks ago because I was uncomfortable with the reservation due to no positive reviews on the profile. However people have been able to instant book after that cancellation. I guess it took a few days for the penalty to hit?

Also I thought I should have been able to cancel instant bookings penalty free if I'm uncomfortable with the reservation?

Do you know how long they switch off Instant Book for?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Eric1177 @Jeff158 I thought I had the same issue, but I was searching incognito.  As I wasn't logged in to Airbnb for the search, I couldn't meet all the Instant Book requirements.  When I search in a regular browser where I'm logged in, they come up.